Sennen Cove parking [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Sennen Cove parking

mswin341
03-06-09, 04:03
Nice sunny day, went to Sennen Cove, took the wife. :)
WHAT A RIP OFF. 4.50 to park the van down by the beach. :eek:
Paid 3.00 last year and thought that was dear. :confused:
How do they justify their charges. Toilets are very poor, parking spaces very tight.
Been going there for years, but not for much longer.

Rant over.

Sorry, wrong section

novo
03-06-09, 13:10
Was down there on bank holiday sunday, had sunday lunch in the 'first and last inn in England' then took a walk down to Sennan Cove to wear it off, got to say its a beautiful place.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/novo01/family%20camping%201/DSCF0441.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/novo01/family%20camping%201/DSCF0439.jpg

mikey
03-06-09, 17:09
4.50..Bargain try parking at putsbourgh here in North Devon 6 its a great spot but when you just want to surf for a couple of hours its a rip off. T:

nfotb
03-06-09, 23:39
My Son is called Sennen. Parking is tight. Just about my favourite place on earth.

ddixonuk
04-06-09, 10:31
Id park at Sennen, i dont think thats too bad! As someone has already mentioned, try Saunton or Puts, Its gives me wallet pains every time i go down to Croyde!

Mr Mega
04-06-09, 10:51
Stop Whining and PAY UP, Its a fabulous part of the county.
In the current climate ,if you have a Job, and wheels, and money in your pocket, think yourself lucky.

simdub71
04-06-09, 10:58
Sennen has been where it's at for me for the last 25 years. Worked in the chippy on the cove and lived above it in a shed back in 1990 for 6 months.

Parking is an expensive business everywhere though it seems (Isn't it cheaper to park up the top?).

Was in Woolacombe and Croyde this weekend and that was expensive too! I didn't realise the cost of campsites when you've got a van too. Had to pay 18 to park at rondas overnight in Croyde!

Vandrew
04-06-09, 12:02
4.50..Bargain try parking at putsbourgh here in North Devon 6 its a great spot but when you just want to surf for a couple of hours its a rip off. T:

You beat me to it LOL:! I dread to think what it will be in the height of summer :eek:!

dan74
04-06-09, 12:55
I've just spent the whole weekend parked up at combsgate beach for absolutely free!
Surf was banging as well.

If that's too risky for you then at the top of the hill on the way out of Wollacombe (beach route) there's a farm with camping, offy and convenience store for just 6 per night.
Bargain.

hoverjon
04-06-09, 17:53
moaning emmet!

I was born near sennen, so if you don't like the cost of parking don't park, the locals won't miss you!

it is cheaper to park on the grass car park at the top of the cliff, if you must go there I: from there you can walk down a cliff path. but if your a sofa lover you might not like the walk back up lol

Vandrew
04-06-09, 20:12
Id park at Sennen, i dont think thats too bad! As someone has already mentioned, try Saunton or Puts, Its gives me wallet pains every time i go down to Croyde!

You cant have ever gone to Puts in the height of summer! LOL:LOL:LOL: But your right, Sauntons ok though! Croyde is comparable to Saunton.

hoverjon
05-06-09, 15:17
you guys are aware that the north devon coast, bideford/saunton/woolacomb etc has the most sewage outlets per mile than anywhere else in the country. the water on that coast is filthy!

Wavestarved
05-06-09, 16:37
Hoverjohn, there may be more sewage outlets, but it being North Devon the sewage is the cleanest in the world. Don't you know that the folk from N Devon **** flowers and fart perfume. Rasp:

Oh and Mikey, 6.00 is a rip off to park anywhere else but Puts, its a bargain on the right day mate. Had some good times there.

peckham
08-06-09, 22:06
like other N.devon attendees above saunton and around seems a real sting. When were down the challenge is to get into the carpark b4 the attendent arrives and then its free!A:. plus the waters not as busy so double bonus.
just had a weeken in wales though, paid bu:*er all to park, camp, surf all weekend - result.:ILU:

VW V8 HJK
08-06-09, 22:12
try this then

my dad goes for a wee and i watch the surf ( newquay fistral) im about 20 feet from the van i turn around theres some :* clamping him i go over and say to him wtf are you doing he goes clamping ya for no ticket i tell the guy what i think of him and he goes to reliese it 70 so guys ffs becareful when parking at fistral very expensive toilet run!

Harley

+ 6.50 full day

simdub71
08-06-09, 22:15
Whereabouts in Wales do you surf? Tried Rossignor once but the waves never came :(

peckham
09-06-09, 20:49
simdub, assuming the wales surf question is aimed at me, ive surfed north, mid and south wales. That said i aint very good so no Tom Carroll big wave riding!!!!!, just enjoyable lines on the right day. Obviously gotta use magic seaweed to make the cost of fuel worthwhile but usual trip for me is to take bikes, boards and kites so never short of activity. Got a caravan down at lobb too so if u dont mind travelling, plenty of options:ILU:

boswell
10-06-09, 09:04
Another sign of good ole rip off Britain, 2 weeks in SW France and only paid to park once and that was in Biarittz town centre, 7 days in Cornwall and you can easily spend 100 a week on parking!

johneames
10-06-09, 10:10
That's good to know Boswell - we're off down that way for a fortnight at the end of August.

boswell
10-06-09, 14:44
Yeah you can park right next to the beach at in most towns for free, unlike the UK, beats me what the councils do with the money? The French seaside towns don't look any worse for not robbing the motorist!

llol_slim
10-06-09, 18:45
You beat me to it LOL:! I dread to think what it will be in the height of summer :eek:!
I dont mind paying Saunton's prices and was suprised the first time I went down there in my first van that they still charged me car prices :ILU: Very tempted to get a yearly membership.

you guys are aware that the north devon coast, bideford/saunton/woolacomb etc has the most sewage outlets per mile than anywhere else in the country. the water on that coast is filthy!

Ahh well, maybe it will put more people off so it will be quieter then Rasp:

glynch
10-06-09, 19:09
frees allways better but check that picture of the surf fellas, its going off!!!!cheap day out at the end of the day.when it rains i gotta take the wife and kids to newquay, which by the time shes finished with the latest roxy gear,im about 80 lighter!!!

llol_slim
10-06-09, 19:23
frees allways better but check that picture of the surf fellas, its going off!!!!cheap day out at the end of the day.when it rains i gotta take the wife and kids to newquay, which by the time shes finished with the latest roxy gear,im about 80 lighter!!!

80 lighter? Blimey you must have to authority to limit her to one or two pieces of clothing!!! Good on ya ;)

glynch
10-06-09, 19:25
i love the t4 mate, but if she wasnt around id be driving a 174bhp t5 california i reckon. !!!!!!still a van wont cook my tea i suppose!!!!!!!

burko73
26-06-09, 22:34
we just joined the national trust - 40 quid for a year and free parking in their car pks - a lot of them right on the coast.... depending where you're parking it might work out....

simdub71
26-06-09, 23:02
Good call that one.

Soulstyledevon
27-06-09, 06:33
we just joined the national trust - 40 quid for a year and free parking in their car pks - a lot of them right on the coast.... depending where you're parking it might work out....

Yep, they have a car park at CroydeT:

ieuan
27-06-09, 14:23
I live in north wales and most places are free to park!most beaches anyway,but surfs not the best......Id happily pay 6 for decent surf....

jimbo1
27-06-09, 20:10
This is second hand but here goes - get a Nat Trust membership so you get the badges for parking, cheaper entrance etc. step 2 - cancel the direct debit you were paying the membership on, and you still have all the badges etc!!
Bit dishonest, but ever tried visiting St Michaels Mount, or Castle Drogo?? Fookin rip-off! even my misses let me chunter and refuse to go in.;)

jay.meakin
28-06-09, 19:41
i've been national trust member for ages, it don't stop the car park getting full of emmets though, try getting to crantock after midday.
if you are going to go down this slightly dishonest approach, just pay for the junior membership for your child, this does the job, you get the card and the car park sticker.