Can anyone please help please??? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Can anyone please help please???

t150vtony
10-06-09, 21:45
Ello all you gorgeous vwdubbers !
Iam new to the site and could do with a little help please... after my T25 went off the road for a major refit i bought a high mileage 287000 smokin T4. Smokin as MOT failure !! i bought a 1.9td 70,000 mile golf engine off evilbay and fitted it in the velle.
After a couple of hick ups the engine runs fine but now overheats quite quickly. The radiator sensor dosent seem to turn on the fans anymore even though there is 12v to the sensor ALSO there seems to be an inline electric pump in the hose in front of the rad ? i dont think this is working or know when its supposed to work/cut in? But think this is the reason for my lack of circulation and overheating ?. Any ideas/ info for my canundrum would be warmly welcome and greatly aprreciated and help get the old girl back on the road for the summer. Thanks tony

llol_slim
10-06-09, 22:05
Ello all you gorgeous vwdubbers !
Iam new to the site and could do with a little help please... after my T25 went off the road for a major refit i bought a high mileage 287000 smokin T4. Smokin as MOT failure !! i bought a 1.9td 70,000 mile golf engine off evilbay and fitted it in the velle.
After a couple of hick ups the engine runs fine but now overheats quite quickly. The radiator sensor dosent seem to turn on the fans anymore even though there is 12v to the sensor ALSO there seems to be an inline electric pump in the hose in front of the rad ? i dont think this is working or know when its supposed to work/cut in? But think this is the reason for my lack of circulation and overheating ?. Any ideas/ info for my canundrum would be warmly welcome and greatly aprreciated and help get the old girl back on the road for the summer. Thanks tony

my first suggestions would be become a full paid member, then you can post it in the relevant section and get access to LOADS of technical goodness :ILU:

golfgtioz
10-06-09, 22:28
might be worth trying the simple stuff first like the thermostat ect

also pull the connection off the thermo switch and check for a live , if there is a live as I'm sure you said there is try and bypass the switch by connecting a length wire in both terminals , this should set the fans off , if it does i would be looking at a new thermo switch .. also down at the bottom of the rad there's a couple of black two wire connectors it might be worth putting a circuit tester on those too

how are you liking the t4 compared to the 25 .. ? use to own one myself like many folk on here ..T: