Seating Configurations [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Seating Configurations

The Search
12-06-09, 13:35
I'm on the look out for a Caravelle at the moment but I'm now starting to think this may not be the right tool for the job.

I need a seven seater for my business, however the number of times I actually carry 7 people is quite rare and I only need this capacity for 2-3 months of the year. The rest of the time the van will be my daily driver and I was planning on using it as a day van/camper.

So my question is is it possible to interchange the various seating configurations amongst the different models. I assume so as the shells are the same?

My thinking is this, get a Kombi and fit a full width bench seat in the middle row from a Caravelle which can then be removed when not needed leaving space for a bed etc. Obviously whoever gets the short straw and sits on the back row of seats won't have any windows, are there any laws that concern this?

Any thoughts or better ideas welcome!!

Cheers Nick

golddust
12-06-09, 15:22
If you bought a Multivan it would be an 8 seater AND the rear seats become a bed, so fully sorted!

Or get a caravelle and change the rear triple for a multivan seat/bed for the same effect only cheaper.

On caravelles the middle row of seats is normally quick release so you could dump them in the garage.

mark freer
12-06-09, 15:32
i agree a multivan rear bed and a couple of buddy seats on mushroom bolts , sorted T:

The Search
12-06-09, 16:06
Looks like it's still going to be a Caravelle then and I'll try and source a bed later. The multivans are a bit out of my price range at the minute! Cheers.

RubberBiker
12-06-09, 16:49
SWB Caravelles have the middle 2 seats on quick releases, and a rear fixed bench of 3 seats - but AIUI - LWB caravelles have *all* the seats on quick releases.