General L Reg Tidy Up - Help?! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

General L Reg Tidy Up - Help?!

georgeyv
20-06-09, 00:41
Hey there, I posted a few days ago about possibly buying an L reg T4 as my first foray into T4 lifestyle! Well, It's mine. I got an OK deal on it but there are a couple of bits of rust here and there, the grill needs replacing as does the N/S wingmirror and preferably the part directly under the grill, it's in 3 seperate parts but the middle part has been damaged slightly.

I have to remove the black plastic trim from around the lock to get to some of the rust, is this hard? Also does anyone have any of the parts I need kicking around? After spending what little money I have on the van I definately need to buy used!

I will soon be getting pics together after I have removed the signwriting and given it an all over tidy up, team white here I come!!!

Cheers in advance,
George

Vented
20-06-09, 06:19
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to team white. A:

Regarding parts, ebay is great! and there are loads of people here that can help, get yourself to your nearest monthly meet. :ILU:

georgeyv
20-06-09, 10:27
Looks like I will be getting myself to a monthly meet, I'm excited already and it hasn't even gone through it's MOT I: It'll be fine...

I've been scouring ebay but I'm not sure what one of the parts is called that I need, the part directly under the grill...

vwstevens
20-06-09, 11:39
Looks like I will be getting myself to a monthly meet, I'm excited already and it hasn't even gone through it's MOT I: It'll be fine...

I've been scouring ebay but I'm not sure what one of the parts is called that I need, the part directly under the grill...

Do an ebay search under 'vwt4' and look for someone breaking a T4 - they usually invite people to email or phone with parts requests. There are several regular sellers up your way - they are generally very helpful and reasonably priced......
p.s. its great here isn't it? Such a friendly and helpful bunch - must be a VW thingT: