t4 gearbox problems [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

t4 gearbox problems

tintedvision
27-06-09, 20:51
just bought a t4 and are looking to start converting it straight away but on the way home from buying the van the gearbox stuck in 4th and completely went. i cant find a gearbox anywhere for a 1.9 diesel just asked vw and they tell me there are 20 different boxes for it so please could someone help me is there a compatible gearbox like from the golf or passat because im running out of ideas.
sorry if this post is in the wrong section for some reason my account will not access everything.

thank you in advance:)

golfgtioz
27-06-09, 20:56
sorry to hear about your problem .. tricky thing is the only gearbox that will fit your t4 is a t4 gearbox , no others from any of the VAG range as far as I'm aware are compatible ..

best of luck

i'm guessing you've checked the linkage ect

tidytransporters
27-06-09, 20:58
Hi send me your reg and i will tell you what gear box codes you need. I have a 1.9 gearbox here also. But obviously need to check it fits

Will

tintedvision
27-06-09, 21:05
hi cheers for the replys have not checked the linkage no not up on the mechanics side of things lol

my reg is p904 gkn

tintedvision
27-06-09, 21:07
sorry to hear about your problem .. tricky thing is the only gearbox that will fit your t4 is a t4 gearbox , no others from any of the VAG range as far as I'm aware are compatible ..

best of luck

i'm guessing you've checked the linkage ect

could not believe it to be honest three hour drive to pick it up and it gets stuck in forth about hour and half away from home 50 all the way lol