Gas! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Gas!

Phoenix
02-07-09, 17:38
Hey!

Can i ask what the most popular size and type of gas bottle is that you guys all tend to use in your T4 campers? Is it made by Color or is there something more suitable.

I am wanting to pair it with a SMEV gas hob, so any recommendations would be brilliant, as well as the best places to nab one at a reasonable cost?

muddyhell
02-07-09, 17:51
Where in devon are you?

I have a 3.9kg colourgaz propanegas bottle sat in the garden doing nought..make me an offer..T:

hoverjon
02-07-09, 18:07
4.5kg butane, i have got! this has a screw on regulator (4 quid)

propane will not loose its pressure at lower temperatures like butane i.e the bottle is 3/4 empty and its winter, the propane will give a stronger flame compared to butane in the same circumstances.

have a look in your local garage to see what they stock, after all if your out and about, you want a common type of bottle. the quick release type propane bottles like used on gas BBQ's, are good, but the regulators are expensive and the bottles might not be as readily availible.

the exchange value of a bottle is 13>15quid. so if you have no bottle you will have to spend that to get a full one first time.

:)

Phoenix
03-07-09, 01:27
Thanks for the tips!

So you seem to rate propane as being better then?

the guy i got my smev cooker from threw in a regulator so i guess i'll take that with me and see what it fits :)

i am afraid the kgs dont mean much to me, size-wise, i'll do some measuring and see how much room i have to play with in my cupboard :)

Phoenix
03-07-09, 01:35
4.5kg butane, i have got! this has a screw on regulator (4 quid)

propane will not loose its pressure at lower temperatures like butane i.e the bottle is 3/4 empty and its winter, the propane will give a stronger flame compared to butane in the same circumstances.

have a look in your local garage to see what they stock, after all if your out and about, you want a common type of bottle. the quick release type propane bottles like used on gas BBQ's, are good, but the regulators are expensive and the bottles might not be as readily availible.

the exchange value of a bottle is 13>15quid. so if you have no bottle you will have to spend that to get a full one first time.

:)

Ok so once i have bought a new bottle full of gas for 13-15 quid, once it runs out what do i do and how much does it cost me second time round mate?