Window fitter recommendations - North Devon, East Anglia or Swansea [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Window fitter recommendations - North Devon, East Anglia or Swansea

T4 Tom
03-07-09, 21:04
Would like some Windows fitted to my van but having seen so many different levels of job I'm slightly concerned.

Some windows don't even flush fit (despite being the genuine VW type) and you can see the bonding loads on the inside of the van, some leak, some have poorly finished insides, some have twisted rubbers..........

So where can I get my windows fitted, so they fit flush, don't leak, and are neat on the inside?

Cheers,

Tom

wind welder
03-07-09, 21:15
Would like some Windows fitted to my van but having seen so many different levels of job I'm slightly concerned.

Some windows don't even flush fit (despite being the genuine VW type) and you can see the bonding loads on the inside of the van, some leak, some have poorly finished insides, some have twisted rubbers..........

So where can I get my windows fitted, so they fit flush, don't leak, and are neat on the inside?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Talk to Tony Elicott at Styleline the best IMHO.

Unfortunately he is no longer a member on here but here's a link to his website:-
http://www.vwt4styleline.co.uk/index.html

He is the only one I'll let fit windows in my panel vans (2 vans so far)

Cheers Trev.

muddyhell
03-07-09, 21:19
Im sure i saw you at the devon Meet on monday Tom where we talked at great length about windows...:confused:

Speak to lawrence at TotallyT4..T:

T4 Tom
03-07-09, 22:35
The problem I'm having is this.

I have had three people recommended to me.

Guy at Fremmington (one person swears by him)

Tony @ Styleline (Trev swears by him)

Lawrence / Totally T4 (lots of people swear by him/them)

I have then also had people tell me they were disappointed with the result from TT4 and guy at Fremmington and Styleline

Both TT4 and Styleline are decent companies I know, as for the guy in Fremmington I have no idea who he is even lol but he could also be a reputable company.

ahh maybe I'll just do it my self ha ha ha

muddyhell
04-07-09, 08:01
Tom, put some miles in on the new van..if the turbo/cam belt lasts long enough..I:

go visit TT4 and look at some of his windows first hand...speak to lawrence at how he fits his windows etc..he'll give you a price and his guarantees.etc
Ring up tony and find out how he works..and what he does to fit a window..he'll also tell you prices/guarantees etc

Matey at Fremington works for a local tinting company, he done the windows in my old van and I believe Mikeys..I'll PM details over to you..

I know who I'd recommend and who will do the windows in my new van as soon as i have the pennies ready..T:

well i would PM on stuff if you cleared your in box....numpty..

t4scooby
04-07-09, 08:26
The problem I'm having is this.

I have had three people recommended to me.

Guy at Fremmington (one person swears by him)

Tony @ Styleline (Trev swears by him)

Lawrence / Totally T4 (lots of people swear by him/them)

I have then also had people tell me they were disappointed with the result from TT4 and guy at Fremmington and Styleline

Both TT4 and Styleline are decent companies I know, as for the guy in Fremmington I have no idea who he is even lol but he could also be a reputable company.

ahh maybe I'll just do it my self ha ha ha

tony did both my side windows and my sunroof, i recommend him anyday

tt4 has his critics but equally those that recommend him too, same goes for tony and the guy at fremington

i guess you have to make a decision and be brave and stick with it

:ILU: