Stolen T4 White P774 TWR Panel Van [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Stolen T4 White P774 TWR Panel Van

astral
04-07-09, 16:08
Hi guys,

We've just had our t4 nicked from St Pauls in Bristol. Hours of love and work have gone into to turning it from a plasterers van to a near complete conversion. If anyone hears anything or is offered anything on the cheap can you please give me or Snowman a shout?

Cheers

colese
04-07-09, 16:26
Hi guys,

We've just had our t4 nicked from St Pauls in Bristol. Hours of love and work have gone into to turning it from a plasterers van to a near complete conversion. If anyone hears anything or is offered anything on the cheap can you please give me or Snowman a shout?

Cheers

sorry to hear that mate.....waht was inside it?

Im from bristol,worriered about mine now??

Any particular reason you were in st pauls,do you live there??

hope someone finds it?

simon.:ILU:

ajpepe72
04-07-09, 16:53
Prob for the carnival Si, Never been and don't think i'll ever bother as my mate got threatened by a load of 13 year olds with knives last year ! Think i'll stick to Glasto.

I'll also keep an eye out, any distinguishing features ?

colese
04-07-09, 17:07
thought that my self,just wondered if they lived there......
prob nicked for the gear inside if it was a camper..:(
:ILU:

clintharshaw
04-07-09, 17:37
ive heard a few storys on here about this but this is the first on my doorstep does get you a bit worried

my job takes involves working all round bristol leaving it in different places.

st pauls being one of them!!!!!

anything distinguishable on the outside for us to recognise it with?

wheels?
any colour coding?
windows?

astral
04-07-09, 17:51
Sorry guys, went out to collect my other car.

It was empty inside apart for the dog's bed, thank **** the dog wasn't in it! We were down in St Pauls for the carnival, but we've left it there loads of times before. Like I said it used to be a plasterers van, sign writing has just come off, but still legible Oldfield Watsons, big patches of red paint where we'd treated the rust before prepping it for a spray over.

Nice Audi RS4 alloys, new tyres all the way round, stuffed bagpuss toy stuck in the front window, eightball gear knob, new stereo in with the front taken off and tucked in my handbag. New plylining in the inside, painted bright blue.

I am seething with the ****ing ****s that have done this.

T4 VIRGIN,
04-07-09, 18:18
was there broken glass where you left it when you returned,did they smash a window?? i thought a p plate t4 had an immobiliser on the key/pump ???maybe someone with a key ????

astral
04-07-09, 18:35
No broken glass no, am wondering if they towed it, but tbh those things ain't hard to break into if you know what you're doing. I've done it before when I stupidly locked the keys in.

muddyhell
04-07-09, 18:40
What a ****e..........they must have bypast the pump imobaliser to drive it away...lets hope they are daft enough to break it and stick it on ebay...

either that or it'll be used tonight to haul some gear and dumped..

Hope you find it anyway..will keep an eye on the bay for wheels coming up ..T:

T4 VIRGIN,
04-07-09, 19:25
No broken glass no, am wondering if they towed it, but tbh those things ain't hard to break into if you know what you're doing. I've done it before when I stupidly locked the keys in.

i know they are not hard to break in to - but they are hard to start without the key

stupid question - but it wasnt towed for being parked in the wrong place ???

clintharshaw
04-07-09, 19:34
stupid question - but it wasnt towed for being parked in the wrong place ???

i was just about to ask this

not implying you are stupid but have you checked with the car pound down in old market.

would of just been towed with no damage.

traffic wardens are prob be having a field day while carnival is on

astral
04-07-09, 19:48
Nah - that was the first thing we checked. But wasn't on doubles and was parked in a row of cars. When we can back there was something else parked in it's place. We doubled checked anyway.

snowman
04-07-09, 20:54
RIP Horace....

Keep on Truckin'

XXX

:ILU::ILU::ILU:

SAFECRACKER
04-07-09, 21:21
So sorry to hear about this, please keep us informed.
will keep an eye out for it, maybe if its looking like its gone for good we could get the chassi(?) number any if you have any pictures of what we are looking for.

smellysock
05-07-09, 10:44
Bump!

Deserves it I think! T:

greencaravelleguy
05-07-09, 10:49
Hi, I live in Bristol in Cotham so not too far from the St. Pauls and will keep an eye out and an ear to the ground so to speak. Sorry to hear the news and hope something positive (if at all possible) can come out of this. Good luck. Aaron

astral
05-07-09, 18:04
Thanks to everyone who's keeping an eye out for us, it's been awful driving round today, rubbernecking ever white T4 that goes past - just incase :blg

t4Chippy
05-07-09, 19:31
I have a 8 building sites dotted about and one of them is in Horfield so will put the word out to our carpenters. Just to let every one know my white T4 has red oxide on the arches so don't just go lamping anyone who looks dodgy. Cheers.

astral
05-07-09, 21:56
Yeah, no lamping anyone at all. Let me do it instead ;)

Right I've dug up the pics of what it looked like when we bought it. Obv work has been done to it since. The signwriting has been taken off, but the sticky residue is still legible on the sides. Roof rack is off, it's been scrubbed, red oxided, bent bumpers fixed, insulated, new plylining kit painted bright blue, new grills yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sorry we don't have any more recent pictures, we were waiting to get it lowered before taking the next set. The new rs4 audi wheels have ats commercial yellow valve caps.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3722/61/74/617785216/n617785216_6803660_1108440.jpg

Bah - I'm boring myself with this now, I need accept we're not getting it back.

t4Chippy
05-07-09, 22:28
What are the police doing about it? Any CCTV or did you just get your crime reference number as usual. Was it Insured?

astral
05-07-09, 22:33
Can't imagine the police are doing much, there are usually worse problems on Carnival weekend than the odd missing van.

Yes it was fully insured, but even when they pay out on it we won't be able to buy anything that good until the silly season is over. The plan was to take it camping for our summer holidays this year. And of course the insurance doesn't cover the ****ing time and love that went into it as it was a project for me and the boyfriend to do together.

t4Chippy
05-07-09, 22:41
Lucky you still got each other then. There will be another van to pour your hearts into with even more character than this one. Hope you hear something soon;)