cleaning scruffy seats? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

cleaning scruffy seats?

mickandkerri
08-07-09, 07:10
Hi, does any one have any tips on the best stuff to use to clean up tired grubby seats?cheers guys.

colese
08-07-09, 07:26
a good wet vac with fabris shampoo or steam clean um....

Good old elbow grease,spend a bit of time and they will come up well,do lots of seats and always manage to get um looking good.:ILU:

pic1london
08-07-09, 08:07
Read somewhere on here that someone took them out & jet washed them:eek:
Came up as good as new, But takes a while to dryT:

chalkmyster
08-07-09, 08:10
Hi,

Read somewhere on here that someone took them out & jet washed them:eek:
Came up as good as new, But takes a while to dryT:

Yer, I'm going to try this tonight or over the weekend.

Will let you know how they turn out :D

Chalky

GoldFever
08-07-09, 08:32
Mine were particularly bad :(, so I made up a paste of soap powder and water for the really bad bits and then used a hard bristled scrubbing brush and then sponge to finish off, worked great :D
If your going to jet wash them, might be worthwhile "pre-treating" them with soap powder (or liquid...were still in the stone age and use powder I: )
Smell nice too LOL:T:

Smokey Fontaine
08-07-09, 15:41
Go to Halfords and they do some Turtle wax stuff in a spray can with a hard yellow brush attached to the cap. I used that, follow the instructions. Its well good.

Smokey

grogs
08-07-09, 19:22
I used 1001 upholstery cleaner (the one with the scrubbing brush on the lid). 2 cans at 2.00 each, and did the whole interior. Came up much better, and smelt nicer too! :)

Bic
08-07-09, 20:01
got my new seats from the scrappy and he said jet wash them then use a carpet shampooer to get the rest of the water out... so same as above/ a bit further up

Dan T
08-07-09, 20:03
well you could take the seat off the seat base, the squab off the runners, the covers off the foam and stick 'em in the washing machine on a quick wash....job done - works once for me, the cardboard stiffeners that tension the upholstery deteriorates once wet....and now the seat is grubby again!