OIL LEAK!! and missing airbox [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

OIL LEAK!! and missing airbox

Happy Days
10-07-09, 09:08
Got a prob with my van 2.4 lwb for the record. Ive not removed the belly pan yet so cant be more pacific to where its comming from..Looking at the front of the van its coming from the left hand side...Its not a massive amount but enough to leave its mark all over the drive:(

I guess im not going to be more clued up untill the pans of but any idea's on where to start looking would be a great helpT:

Airbox

Is erm....missing! All I have is a black square plastic plate with a round hole in the middle..What else should be there? im assuming a polen filter etc???..Would that explain why my heater hot and cold knob does nothing?T:

T4 VIRGIN,
10-07-09, 09:33
hi mate.should be a filter in there and a lid,as for the heater i have read somewhere the cable going to a heater valve under the bonnet snaps or becomes disconnected,have someone move the cable and look under the bonnet for ideas T:

Happy Days
10-07-09, 09:38
hi mate.should be a filter in there and a lid,as for the heater i have read somewhere the cable going to a heater valve under the bonnet snaps or becomes disconnected,have someone move the cable and look under the bonnet for ideas T:

Ta MateT: i toke the unit out and thought there must be a cable or something there as the knob just spins freely with nowt to operate..ill go out and have a shifty under the bonnetT: