Ebay trouble [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Ebay trouble

vanheaven
23-01-08, 22:32
I dont no if this should be in the pub or not so sorry if i got it in the wrong area. But here goes hope i dont bore you. I have just put a set of damaged 18 plw t4 wheels on ebay with a 55 quid buy it now for all 4 or best offer, dirt cheap i know but i just want them out they way. So i guy rings me up as soon as they went on offering 5, I said yeah no worries type it in best offer ill accept that no probs, he said well i want them but cant get to a pc till the morning so will make an offer then no probs i said, the morning came no offer, he rings me again when im at work and said can i still have them for 50 i said put in your offer when i finish work ill accept it and if any1 offers a higher amount im a man of my word ill take your offer. I gets home somebody has clicked buy it now and paid through paypal> I rings the guy who made the offer and said sorry mate before i had chance to take your offer somebody had clicked buy it now. He then tells me he had made courier arrangements to pick the rims up at a cost of 40 quid and will be takeing me to the small courts to re claim the money why i said and apparently ive broken a verbal contract evaen though no money had changed hands and i didnt intentionally sell to another person. Can any1 tell me is this possible also is it possible with a business account to arrange a courier without the other persons full address and contact no and pay for it and provide the address later. Im a honest guy and would rather give something away than sell it so why pick on me :(

golfgtioz
23-01-08, 22:40
he hasn't got your address to collect the wheels from if no transaction has been completed by that user .. well not from ebay anyway .. so there no way hes arraigned the courier .. even if he did sort the courier he could always call said couriers office in the morning and cancel the imaginary collection.

i feel he's just trying it on ... he cant take you to court at all ..

lardyb
23-01-08, 22:42
tell him to get lost. you didn't make a contract with him and you gave him plenty of oppertunity to get them. sounds like he is trying to scam you out of £40

BANANAVAN
23-01-08, 22:44
tell him to BRING IT ON! it'll cost him more than £40!

what a joker!

vanheaven
23-01-08, 22:50
I was really pleasent with him at first trying to explain the problem and basically said im sorry its just the way ebay works, But he just got more violent and abusive so nasty james came out of his shell i tried the nice aproach so then i told him to put all 4 size 18s up his then apologised explaining he couldnt do that as they were the property of a nice guy in manchester im not a nasty person so i dont expect it in return

golfgtioz
23-01-08, 22:55
ahh just found you add for the wheels .. what a shame about the dent , very nice looking rims almost keskin like style..

a word of advise dont put your mobile number in the description ..

vanheaven
23-01-08, 23:02
i guess i always do that just to show im genuine and there to help if needs be. Very nice rims and the council didnt wanna no i put a thread about it on here about a week back they made the van look very german you could almost see it groing blond hair. 1 of my customers ( im a window cleaner ) whos a german guy absolutly loved them apparently they were imported by a audi dealer from germany for a guy who had a a6 so i was told i bought em of a guy with a a4 shame to see bent but thought someone could do something with them rather than melt them down

BANANAVAN
23-01-08, 23:07
someone could do something with them rather than melt them down:D

I could have melted them down to make the Forum BadgesRasp:

Vyper
23-01-08, 23:10
i guess i always do that just to show im genuine and there to help if needs be. Very nice rims and the council didnt wanna no i put a thread about it on here about a week back they made the van look very german you could almost see it groing blond hair. 1 of my customers ( im a window cleaner ) whos a german guy absolutly loved them apparently they were imported by a audi dealer from germany for a guy who had a a6 so i was told i bought em of a guy with a a4 shame to see bent but thought someone could do something with them rather than melt them down

Mate, your genuine by virtue of your feedback, don't put your number in future, lots of toads out there!

Vyper

stridey
23-01-08, 23:16
Quite simple (ha ha ha ...not!).

You did make a verbal agreement in the first instance when you offered to accept his offer on condition he confirmed it on the morning after. he failed to do that.

Under his logic you had the right to take HIM to the small claims....he failed to honor his contract.

At every point you upheld normal ettiquette and ebay rules by saying acceptance is on condition of him confirming the offer with either a 'best offer' or a 'buy it now'. He did not do that.

Ok, now walk away. Tell him nicely you have 'taken advice' and consider his initial breach of contract the one where you and him set out terms, and that at no point did you not honor your commitment to him as purchasor through EBAY where the terms ofthe contract are there for everyone to see. As his offer was not made on or via ebay itself he will not be able toreport you.

The fact he booked a courior (doubtful) is not your concern. Any small claims court is going to want to see proof. Faking it is purjury and (if I remember rightly can be 5 years in juggy wug) Purjury is taken VERY seriousely. But telling him that might just make him a little angry so keep it up your sleeve.

If he contacts you too much again, tell him if he contacts you in any form other than by recorded letter via your solicitor you will consider it harrasssment and seek an injunction.

Oh yeah, call his bluff and tell him to shove it.H:

vanheaven
23-01-08, 23:17
Cheers vyper im putting my velle on there soon what do i do then cos people wanna speak to you all the time about things you missed out.

Mr banana if i had had a banana my supper powers would of come into play and would of heard you think that how much you selling them at as will want 1 soon looks like your on to a good thing can you pm me with a no cos i may wanta custom 1 making to

Thanks you guys you make me feel so warm and no i ant just peed myself

vanheaven
23-01-08, 23:23
Stridey you are ace this is what the forums about people looking after 1 another the kindness shown here is fantastic and the forums intensions have been fullfilled in the bit where it says for like minded individuals to get together and talk about the things you love absolutly great that wasnt a direct quote from that just incase any1 wants to take me to court thanks guys

stridey
23-01-08, 23:32
well thats what having a law degree and failing the Bar Vocational course does for you.

thanks.

(love the peeing yourself line...I will use that!)

vanheaven
23-01-08, 23:38
Is that something you can re-take as you sound pretty damn good at it to me is the bar your final exam to make you a solicitor

stridey
24-01-08, 00:30
The Bar Vocational Course (BVC) is the preliminary stage in becoming a barrister.

After a law degree most go the solicitor route taking an LPC. Didnt appeal to me (no pun intended). Got offered a place on the BVC which is quite an achievement for a non-acedemic (no A levels!) and enjoyed every minute. Mock trials, public speaking, intersting lectures, prison visits,court visits,mini-pupilages and free representation units. Quite a fewabsoute plonkers too! like the posh student who thought Billericay was an island off Scotand.

My main problem was the MCTs ,or multiple choice tests, which my brain can't do. In fact statisically a monkey would have got higher guessing.

I was never going to offered a pupilage in chambers with my background,not in a million years. It would be possible for me pursue law again, but its not my bag, really.

However the lessons I learnt in advocacy, and analising problems has proved most useful, and just having the degree as a mature student gave me the confidence to do many different things.

So now I sell skateboards!LOL:

favorite day was the mock trial defending a man for having sex with a donkey. I told the judge he was in a 'stable relationship'!!!

simplepsy
24-01-08, 07:46
Good on yer stridey. Stallwart advice T:

vanheaven - this guy's pushing his luck. There is now way he booked a courier without a pickup address. Isnt it YOU that needs to book the courier to ship to HIM? (It always has been that way round when Ive done it?)

All legality aside, leave people to contact you via the ebay email system, rather than putting your phone number first off. That way there is a record of communication.

I had something similar issue - I was selling a sweet DH bike, reserve of £450 (cheap at that!). Didnt make the reserve so I offered it to the highest bidder, on condition that they game me at least 400 for it.

They got all y so I walked away, pffff. Screw them, you can get good deals on ebay but if you want freebies then go on free-cycle of summat.

SAFECRACKER
24-01-08, 07:47
tell him to shove it... He should of got to a computer sooner.
the sheer fact he did not puts him in breach of his verbal contract,
if he persists on calling phone the law or get his number blocked.T:

nbsurf
24-01-08, 07:54
Yes, I know a few solicitors who still spend a good lot of time at the bar! You try and get them to pay for a drink though! H:

mechsympathy
24-01-08, 09:03
He's trying it on. How's he going to take you to court if he doesn't have your full address?;)

muddyhell
24-01-08, 09:23
Deff sounds like the guy is pushing his luck...he`s well pee`d off on losing out on some wheels..if he contacted a courier and got a rough quote that sounds right but no courrier would take money to collect goods with out knowing where from etc...Just ignore him and if he gets funny report him to ebay as a bad ebayer and if he rings/texts you abuse report him for that as well, the old bill will look into it hopefully..

Like others have said Don`t put a phone number in the adverts in future..as you `ve found out trying to be honest can back fire...

CaptainKidd
24-01-08, 10:52
You might also want to block him from bidding on any future items you sell on Ebay if you know his user name as he may try and **** up your auctions, and if he does manage to win an auction of yours then he will have access to your address. I know he could simply set up another user name and bid again but its a start to stopping him from bidding.

vanheaven
24-01-08, 15:15
cheers for the info and support guys will try blocking now thanks again

TDI Dave
21-05-09, 15:51
If your not bothered about feed back score ,make yourself a new account

If he wanted them he obviously saw the best offer option in the first place for him to use he chose not to
He also saw the buy it now price of £55 who in their right mind would haggle and phone and try to avoid ebay route for £5 difference ???

I think you will find its a simple scammer wanted wheels outside ebay therefore you dont know who the hell he is and where he comes from he then pays you with dodgey money and leaves with said wheels
IDIOTS and im guessing from his mentality he wouldnt have the funds to persue you if he did have a case
Which in fact he does not

tidytransporters
21-05-09, 23:06
cheers for the info and support guys will try blocking now thanks again

To block him go to this page¨

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#blocking

And your pretty much there. Enter his buyer user id seperate different users with a comma (no space after that)

Hope that helps