STOLEN - Side Panel Windows [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

STOLEN - Side Panel Windows

Brento
13-07-09, 09:18
Hi

I left my flat this morning to find that the side panel windows from both my sliding door (single pane) and drivers side (sliding panel)

both windows are stickered, the single pane has a Les Deux alps sticker on it and the sliding has an EX tv sticker on it.

My van was parked on the street in Bristol near the downs.

If anyone hears of someone trying to sell said windows or having trouble fitting them to their van. These are custom so I cant see them being very easy to fit straight into another vehicle.

Please get in touch.

I'm right royally ed off!

T4 VIRGIN,
13-07-09, 09:33
thats a bummer :* a member had there van stolen recently in bristol ??? seems a hot spot lately

Brento
13-07-09, 09:40
i'd be less ed if they'd smashed the door window and taken the stereo.

as it happens they didnt even enter the van. stereo etc is all still there! just the windows and frames gone!

Happy Days
13-07-09, 10:01
Tossers!!...Eyes peeled in Swindon Fella

Brento
13-07-09, 10:44
thanks.

going to be an expensive week.

clintharshaw
13-07-09, 16:26
thats a bummer :* a member had there van stolen recently in bristol ??? seems a hot spot lately

i live in bristol myself and it is a bit worrying hearing this.

T4 VIRGIN,
13-07-09, 17:18
i live in bristol myself and it is a bit worrying hearing this.

dont know the area but someone was at the carnival and had van stolen-was it something like st pauls area ?? just last week

just searched heres the thread

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42915&highlight=stolen+van

jimbo1
13-07-09, 17:29
I'll keep an eye on fleabay - always on there looking...
Hope they catch the witt and he gets shacked up in a cell with an enormous angry horny madman.

Brento
13-07-09, 18:38
I live on right by the downs in what some might say is the "posher" end of Bristol. Unfortunately I am not posh and have no money so this has royally ****ed me.

If anyone sees anything on ebay etc please let me know. In all honesty I need them replaced and will probably get it done next week locally.

fingers crossed it wont be TOO bad

BANANAVAN
14-07-09, 22:08
They nicked the glass? how the hell did they get it out?

t4Chippy
14-07-09, 22:15
As I said to the lady who had her van stolen, I am a carpentry contractor and one of my jobs is in Horfield so will get my chippies and all other trades to keep an eye out. chin up!!!;)

ajpepe72
14-07-09, 22:15
Im in Bristol and my van is on the road outside the house till i manage to get rid of my car, then it's straight into the garage, definately seems to be a spate of t4 crime in Bristol lately. I think im going to hold off fitting my alloys until its garaged.. a sad state of affairs !

Brento
14-07-09, 23:06
All I can assume is that they must have taken a bloody good knife to the seals and then ripped the windows, frames and all, out. They took nothing else and all the doors were still locked when I found the van the next day.

The seals were all in shreds on the road. No other damage

cally
14-07-09, 23:14
Strange 1 this innit.... I seen this thread yesterday and didnt click into it, i just assumed you had ya garage robbed or summat...

Cant get over someone has actually nicked ya windows out the sides of ya van, seems very strange to me...

You dont sleep walk do ya?...I:.

Cant get over that aye.... Think i'll stay well clear of parking my van up unattended in bristol in future... not that i go to bristol often like....:*.

Brento
15-07-09, 09:05
Your not the only one, I just cant fathom the idiocy to do it. You can buy them for tuppence online

Soulstyledevon
15-07-09, 09:14
Thats unbelievable. Is nothing safe!!!

BANANAVAN
15-07-09, 11:03
i take it they were not OE fitment windows? ( bonded type)

redoctober
15-07-09, 16:58
the thieving pikey bar stewards , cant believe the nerve of some people , do you have a picture of the windows just so we can keep an eye out for them ..T: if there custom they cant be to hard to miss

Brento
16-07-09, 12:41
i take it they were not OE fitment windows? ( bonded type)

No they were just custom fit windows with seals.

the thieving pikey bar stewards , cant believe the nerve of some people , do you have a picture of the windows just so we can keep an eye out for them ..T: if there custom they cant be to hard to miss

Not really any direct photos but here's some of the van.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v344/127/12/289000059/n289000059_607237_9360.jpg

The sliding window has the same EX sticker as on the back.

If anyone knows a stockist for windows please get in touch as my local garage cannot source a sliding window and I'm struggling as well.

Thanks

Happy Days
16-07-09, 14:59
Have you spoke to your insurance company to see if they are covered?

Brento
17-07-09, 08:28
they probably are however the cost to fit is less than my excess. on top of which if i claim then i will lose 3 years worth of no claims bonus plus have a "fault" claim on my policy as there is no chance the police will catch the thief and therefore the insurance company will class it as a fault claim.

sounds **** and it really is.

Happy Days
17-07-09, 08:34
I see what your saying..Wrong really and makes me wonder what the point is on car insurance...Ive got public liability through my business whick covers my hitting someone else...Costs a quarter of my van insurance and covers me for 5 million!

Another thought...As you are from Brizzol...keep an eye out on the trade it.T:

jane/rob&dennis
17-07-09, 09:51
those window look similar to the ones we've got.

Ours came from leisurevehiclewindows (http://www.leisurevehiclewindows.co.uk/index.html) so you might want to try there for direct replacement or looking at the size of the hole go for some bonded replacement.

Brento
24-07-09, 14:39
saga continues, bought a caravelle window and thats too small. Looks like who ever did the conversion just used any window he could find. which leaves me in a bit of a predicament!

cally
24-07-09, 14:50
Not good mate...

Whats the measurements?...

My bro got a few windows lying about like yours i think, i'm sure he dont need them, he prob wont want much for them... let me know the size and i'll go see him and measure them for ya... if that's any help...T:

Brento
24-07-09, 15:02
I think its 42inches by 18.5 however I need to double check that with the garage as they have the van at the moment.

Ideally I need a sliding window to replace the old one as my cookers set up by that side.

Thanks for the thoughts dude. appreciated

cally
24-07-09, 15:05
I think he has a couple of sliders... i will measure them and let ya know asap..

Ant...:ILU:

Brento
24-07-09, 15:36
awesome.

thank you!