Lose of power ! Advice please [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Lose of power ! Advice please

pete elmer
13-07-09, 20:26
IVE GOT A 2000 CARAVELLE 88BHP AND ACCASIONLY WHEN EXCELERATING HARD I LOSE ALL POWER THE ENGINE IS TICKING OVER BUT I ROLL TO A STOP. I THEN HAVE TO TURN OFF THE IGNITION AND RESTART AND ALL IS OK . BUT CAN BE DANGEROUS ie ON MOTORWAYS OR AT JUNCTIONS, HAS ANYBODY HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THANKS ???

nickp6124
13-07-09, 21:04
i am having sort of the same problem i have a 03 reg t4 88 bhp special and when i rev hard the engine revs and the rmp needle shoots up but my van does not move for about 10 seconds :( it is like turbo lag i need help aswell :confused:

Paxo
13-07-09, 21:21
Sounds like turbo boost valve simple and cheap take it along to your local VW guys and they'll stick it on the comp to sus it out T:

simonsocial
14-07-09, 11:43
This might not be any help but... Had a similar problem with an Audi, turned out it was something called the 'NOX sensor' (not sure how you spell it). Once that got replaced never had the problem again. The sensor did cost 300.00 excluding fitting... and people wonder why I got rid of that car!

pete elmer
14-07-09, 21:17
thanks for the reply YES THE NEEDLE DOES SHOOT UP AND THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL DOSENT WORK > IT STAYS LIKE THAT UNTILL I TURN IT OF AND ON AGAIN , THEN IT CAN BE FINE AGAIN FOR 500 MILES OR SO !!