cheap van on ebay [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

cheap van on ebay

colese
14-07-09, 21:41
nice and cheap this....:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Transporter-T4-102-bhp-camper-surf-bus-low-miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a1 Q7c39Q3a6Q7c72Q3a1683Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a25QQ_trksi dZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b3ce3deQQitemZ1204 47624158QQptZUKQ5fCampersQ5fCaravansQ5fMotorhomesQ Qsalenotsupported

would of bought meself for a camper conversion,but have 2 vans i am doing already.:ILU:

tidytransporters
14-07-09, 21:46
Its a scam!!

T4 VIRGIN,
14-07-09, 21:49
thread running on this last night,if you refresh the page it turned in to a mini skirt and the item no changed :eek:

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43768

sihills
14-07-09, 21:49
how come its a scam??

too slow posting, i see!!

Billybus
14-07-09, 21:51
how dya know its a scam? looks a bit too cheap though!

the tailgate is a different shade of blue too

tidytransporters
14-07-09, 21:52
check the item numbers!

colese
14-07-09, 21:55
suppose someone might of paid there and then via paypal...:eek:

cash is the only way of paying i find.:ILU:

T4 VIRGIN,
14-07-09, 21:55
how dya know its a scam? looks a bit too cheap though!

the tailgate is a different shade of blue too

scammers pick a picture from a few months ago then clone someone elses id and submitt an ad,if you write down the item number then re type it in to search for the item it comes back as a ladies mini skirt-someone just used this persons details and pasted the van ad on to page

topliss44
14-07-09, 21:57
HEY.! the mini skirt arrived today:eek:

colese
14-07-09, 21:58
i know i am a bit switched on,but do these scams work......would anyone actually pay that kind of money out there and then with out going to see it....:confused:

vanheaven
14-07-09, 22:08
My skirt arrived too stinks of fish though. I guess they wont expect you to pay the full amount via paypal they will just ask for say a 300 quid deposit to secure and then run off with the 300 rather than the full amount.

bus 1 dub
14-07-09, 22:14
nice and cheap this....:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Transporter-T4-102-bhp-camper-surf-bus-low-miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a1 Q7c39Q3a6Q7c72Q3a1683Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a25QQ_trksi dZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b3ce3deQQitemZ1204 47624158QQptZUKQ5fCampersQ5fCaravansQ5fMotorhomesQ Qsalenotsupported

would of bought meself for a camper conversion,but have 2 vans i am doing already.:ILU:

Theres someting dodgy about this van it was on ebay last week and fetched about 5200 it was located in bradford west yorks , this must be some kind of scam where someone copies someone elses listing after it as finished ( same photos and write up etc ) there is no phone number , Ive come across this before on evilbay. When you email them they say they are out of the country on holiday and will get there friend to deliver it but you must pay the asking price in to there bank account . WHAT A SET OF TOTAL SCAMSTERS THESE LOW LIFES ARE, I WOULDNT TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE POLL fellow dubbers beware!

cally
14-07-09, 22:27
i know i am a bit switched on,but do these scams work......would anyone actually pay that kind of money out there and then with out going to see it....:confused:

This always baffles me too. surely no one would buy it now and pay via paypal straight away...

I dont see the point in these scams i cant see them working on things like this, would work on silly things that cost a couple of quid as people would pay a few quid straight away.. but ya have to be pretty stupid to buy it now and pay without seeing a vehicle or anything of substantial value...... I dont get it. must just be to pee people off i guess, cos they aint gonna get any money up front surely...:confused:.

It's just some numpty having a laugh.. :*

cosmicrider
15-07-09, 07:24
I have offered to buy the van ,going up there with the cash,but he emailed me outside of ebay and said i can only pay with paypal........yep its a scam......what a scumbag preying on our love of T4s

T4 VIRGIN,
15-07-09, 07:37
This always baffles me too. surely no one would buy it now and pay via paypal straight away...

I dont see the point in these scams i cant see them working on things like this, would work on silly things that cost a couple of quid as people would pay a few quid straight away.. but ya have to be pretty stupid to buy it now and pay without seeing a vehicle or anything of substantial value...... I dont get it. must just be to pee people off i guess, cos they aint gonna get any money up front surely...:confused:.

It's just some numpty having a laugh.. :*

cally,a lot of people do get sucked in to this,especially when they see a 5k van being offered so cheaply,they have a look at it on ebay and get sucked in by saying it must be too good to be true-then send seller an e mail asking about it,he will reply saying he has someone else coming to see it but if they were definetly serious then they could send 500 by paypal straight away to secure it then pay rest on collection,only for him never to be seen again,

a guy near me lost 12000 after he recieved a letter and e mail telling him he won the spanish lottery but had to pay the money to release the 4 million he won,needles to say he didnt recieve a penny and lost the lot,he went to trading standards and the guy said to him its pretty simple you cant win the lottery if you dont enter - simples

thesnarf
16-07-09, 09:41
if you look closely it isn't even ebay, it is a fake website..

mr-torquer
16-07-09, 20:57
Someone may have had there account hijacked and this is the result

I quite often get Emails telling me that my Bank account has been suspended because someone has tried to access it from some far off Country and God knows how many times I have won Lotteries that I never enter (or probably don't exist)

Have a search for a site called (I think) 419eater.com Its quite funny cos its people who play with the scammers with some real funny results.n