KW springs..thoughts please [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

KW springs..thoughts please

Happy Days
14-07-09, 23:03
Worth the money?..I want to drop the rear end alittle but fully loaded with camping interior and sometimes a car trailor on the back.

Currently running 60mm T4's springs on standard shocks...:)

t4world
15-07-09, 10:24
Worth the money? Definately but I would say that as I sell all KW and WEITEC suspension.

Can do a set for 185. Fully loaded or towing, you got to go for a proper branded set of springs T:

Happy Days
15-07-09, 10:39
Worth the money? Definately but I would say that as I sell all KW and WEITEC suspension.

Can do a set for 185. Fully loaded or towing, you got to go for a proper branded set of springs T:

Strong believer of you get what you pay forT:

As You say 'You would say that as i sell them' And speaking to all the other dealers out there....its easy to get sucked in to spending pounds.Have you got a T4 and do you run them?.Happy with them?.From a user point of view and not a seller:)

nealglover
15-07-09, 11:20
I have the KW full set springs and shocks on mine.

Even with Five people a load of tools and a few hundred kilos of tiles in the back (between the rear arches andthe back door)
no movement hardly. They don't lower a massive amount but get some thinner spring seats (or whatever they are called ?) from t4srus for an extra 10mm drop.

You won't regret buying the KW stuff.

t4world
15-07-09, 11:30
Strong believer of you get what you pay forT:

As You say 'You would say that as i sell them' And speaking to all the other dealers out there....its easy to get sucked in to spending pounds.Have you got a T4 and do you run them?.Happy with them?.From a user point of view and not a seller:)

I would only sell them if I thought they were good. I ran them on our last T4 and T5 and was super impressed, hence finding out about selling them! I can only sell stuff I have 100% faith in as a product, it wouldn't work any other way.

TootallPaul
15-07-09, 13:12
Got KW on the rear of mine - excellent.

The 40mm drop doesn't seem as low as some other '40mm drops', but heavy loads haven't given me any problems at all. Thoroughly recommend!T:

Soulstyledevon
15-07-09, 14:56
Full KW all round. Very good stuff!T:

cheeky_dieter
15-07-09, 16:08
Full KW 40mm all round on mine (full conversion) and very pleased. Handles more like a car now than the wallowy marsh mellow it did before T:

redoctober
15-07-09, 18:36
Got KW on the rear of mine - excellent.

The 40mm drop doesn't seem as low as some other '40mm drops', but heavy loads haven't given me any problems at all. Thoroughly recommend!T:

yip same here .. not the lowest of springs but I've had my van filled to the gunnel's and it didnt move , unlike when i had my "cheap" 40mm springs fitted

gravitykid
16-07-09, 06:41
Got the full KW kit on my LWB and I have to admit I'm disappointed.

Rear springs seem too hard and the damping feels dead. :(

Wouldn't buy them again.

Happy Days
16-07-09, 08:38
I would only sell them if I thought they were good. I ran them on our last T4 and T5 and was super impressed, hence finding out about selling them! I can only sell stuff I have 100% faith in as a product, it wouldn't work any other way.

Good postA: its good to know that there are traders out there who look after the rest of us instead of just taking our moneyT:

Looking like they maybe the way to go..Alot of positive posts:cool:

t4world
16-07-09, 09:01
I know it's corny but I am an enthusiast 1st and a trader 2nd.

Can prob do full KW suspension set-up (2x springs, 4x shocks) for a special price of 399 for you guys. Give me a shout if you need them fitted. T:

reimoboy
16-07-09, 09:03
I already have KW 40mm springs on my van. Just wondered what price you can do for shocks only?

Cheers Simon.

t4world
16-07-09, 20:56
I will check on the best price and get back to you asap! :cool:

t4world
17-07-09, 11:59
I already have KW 40mm springs on my van. Just wondered what price you can do for shocks only?

Cheers Simon.

Simon, just for you mate, shocks only 250.

Happy Days
17-07-09, 13:33
I know it's corny but I am an enthusiast 1st and a trader 2nd.

Can prob do full KW suspension set-up (2x springs, 4x shocks) for a special price of 399 for you guys. Give me a shout if you need them fitted. T:

I dont think is corny...I think its another good reply!T:

Giving the hard earned away to a trader with a 'i just sell it ' attitude doesnt really fill me with confidence.The ones that are like you get my voteT: Does that sound corny?LOL:

One more question if i may?

Ive got a LWB.It will have a set of 3 seats in the back, then a bulk head made of 18mm ply.Behind this is my tools.Im a chippy and have loads of tools which need to be in the van at all times....plus like said in my first post, I tow useing a car transporter

do these springs hold up well to weight? and will a 40mm drop spring be a good choice?:)

kiteBored
18-07-09, 12:17
For the guys who don't think it's low enough on kw -40mm then add the lowering shims. I will take a pic of mine later...I love the new harder ride I get from the wound down front and back KW springs. Through the corners I am way faster than my mates standard t4.

For the Guys after just springs and the guys after just shocks..team up and buy together. 185 for springs and 215 FOR SHOCKS. I was thinking to buy the full kit and sell off the springs (which I have) and keep the shocks (that I need) As I was not able to afford the full kit when I got a broken back spring last month.

abbo100
18-07-09, 22:13
I've got a full set on my SWB and can fully recommend them. Whilst they wont lower your van into the weeds they allow you to fully load your van as intended by VW. I regularly have my van with quite a bit of weight in the back, together with 4 adults ,2 large dogs and towing an Ifor Williams 2 horse trailer with no problems at all :ILU:

The handling is also greatly improved from standard as well.

Get them bought you wont regret it T:

t4world
19-07-09, 15:00
I dont think is corny...I think its another good reply!T:

Giving the hard earned away to a trader with a 'i just sell it ' attitude doesnt really fill me with confidence.The ones that are like you get my voteT: Does that sound corny?LOL:

One more question if i may?

Ive got a LWB.It will have a set of 3 seats in the back, then a bulk head made of 18mm ply.Behind this is my tools.Im a chippy and have loads of tools which need to be in the van at all times....plus like said in my first post, I tow useing a car transporter

do these springs hold up well to weight? and will a 40mm drop spring be a good choice?:)

I haven't replicated these exact details but am confident the KW's could more than cope.

Happy Days
19-07-09, 15:05
I haven't replicated these exact details but am confident the KW's could more than cope.

looking at thepost from the Guy who pulls Adults and has horses in the van..they do the job for me...or does he have adults in the van and horses behind??LOL:

Not going to throw away cash on the other option..need to save some more dollar then ill be in touchT:

marco
20-07-09, 05:37
Can't go wrong with Eibach springs either, had mine for 4 1/2 years 45kmiles no problems, will get rid of the 'bouncy castle' handling of normal springs too. I'd say that they are of similar quality to KW springs.