Camping guides/maps for France [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Camping guides/maps for France

kitcat
16-07-09, 10:24
Hello all.
Trip to France looming. Does anybody know of a good map or guide book of camp sites. Dunno where we will be going. I just need some form of map so I can stick a pin in and go. Any recomendations?

Cheers

fireengine
16-07-09, 11:20
Alan rogers.comT:

Uberbus
16-07-09, 11:55
Cool Camping books are great, the do one for france also do one for Europe and UK

greencaravelleguy
16-07-09, 11:56
Hello all.
Trip to France looming. Does anybody know of a good map or guide book of camp sites. Dunno where we will be going. I just need some form of map so I can stick a pin in and go. Any recomendations?

Cheers

Here is some free info from a camper van guy and we used his notes alot for travelling very useful in my opinion!

Enjoy

http://www.campervanlife.com/locations/europe/france

slimbo
16-07-09, 12:15
try these folk..
the site is very handy
/www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/

andyroo82
16-07-09, 12:43
I found when I went to France there are plenty of camp sites marked from the road, if not then driving round the outskirts of towns will get you something if you are after a 1 nighter. I borrowed a map from a work mate as I was scared not being able to find anything when there but never ended up using it

kitcat
16-07-09, 15:09
Thanks for the tips. I'll have a look

kangar
16-07-09, 20:35
Agreed, Alan Rogers. Dunno where you are in Glos, Kitkat, but got one you can borrow if interested. Off to France on Sunday for 2 weeks but book will be available after that.

scruffyherbert
16-07-09, 20:51
Can highly recommend this site as an individual site:

www.campingleserpolin.com

Absolutely stunning little place 20 odd miles from Saumur. The couple who run it couldn't be more friendly and helpfull.

You could do worse than the Caravan Club for french sites. We had a 2 week trip at the end of May and used a CC book that was 6 years out of date. Low and behold all the sites we tried were still up an running and had pitches. Majority are french sites but there are a few english run sites if that's more what your after.

Any old road map will do. French signage can leave a lot to be desired anyway I:

Where ever you end up have a cracking time. We did T:T:T:

Desp Dan
16-07-09, 21:14
Plenty French Campsites ere T:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/county.asp?region=France

bamvan
17-07-09, 09:19
Have a look for the Michelin Camping 2009 Guide. 1000's of sites but you'll need to spend some time translating! Using it this year for the first time. Cost a few quid off amazon but it also shows the municipal sites and includes a good summary of each site.

Veidda vans
17-07-09, 11:05
I'm off to France mid August, probably going to stay near La Rochelle.

Keep the info coming guys, never done the foreign trip on my own before, all help greatly appreciated.:ILU:

kitcat
17-07-09, 15:52
This is all good advice.
We went in September last time and all the French went back to work. we had places to ourselves but we were working off an old road atlas looking for little pictures of a tent. I thought it would be good to have something more specific. We might go to the Med. Or might try to find some nice quiet places away from screaming children. France is our oyster, as they say. Speaking of which I seem to remember L'ile D'Oleron was rather nice. And I have to blast accross that fantastic bridge in convoy with the windows down and um...how about a bit of 3rd Eye Blind?