Why is it that ?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Why is it that ??

cosmicrider
19-07-09, 09:52
Now that ive bought my 96 T4 1.9 td ive seen loads of better and cheaper vans for sale.To be honest im not really that happy with the one ive got.Shall i spend loads of money on it to make it better or sell and look for another van? Or are we all like that ?

Happy Days
19-07-09, 10:46
ive got the best solution to that one

Stop looking!!Rasp:

Im the same.One minute im happy,the next i wish i bought a van already done.But im gonna stick with it because i can do it my way and in my time::cool:

clintharshaw
19-07-09, 10:48
whenever i look at cars or vans

you always instantly look at the car you want to buy and look for the cheapest ones you can find

the same as when you want to sell you look at the highest price you can find

we all want to sell our car for as much as poss and spen as little as needed on a new one

reality is when you go and look at them you dont want the car priced cheap as its a wreck so you have to increase your price range or be patient

same as when you sell you realise there is better out there for the money and you end up dropping.

you will always see vans for sale for less than yours and you will always see vans for sale higher.

does your van really need that much work?

a read through the classifieds section on here and maybe pm a few people and you may find all the bits you need at a fraction of price of taking to the garage.

reality is it shouldnt take alot to get van upto scratch.
then you will be happy

JIMMYJAMES
19-07-09, 11:00
I paid over the odds for my 94 Caravelle 1.9td but i'm glad i did because it was low mileage, really clean, local to me, and almost everthing had been done engine wise. There are some real dogs out there advertised as clean vans which in reality may be cheaper but are usually complete and utter wrecks so its worth paying a bit more, after all you will want to use it not just sit it on the drive and work on it!

Stop looking and be happy with what you have got, i love mine and don't regret buying it for a minuteT:

tomcat-50
19-07-09, 11:17
Lol stop looking.

7/11=12
19-07-09, 11:24
If she

startsT:

stopsT:

goesT:

& isnt an old rot boxT: its a gudden;),,,,,,,,,there's always plenty of help on here mate if ya get stuck with"out:)

now stop looking lolLOL::)

cosmicrider
19-07-09, 13:56
Ok guys...ive stopped looking, cheers for the input

Kieran
19-07-09, 14:28
If she

startsT:

stopsT:

goesT:

& isnt an old rot boxT: its a gudden;),,,,,,,,,there's always plenty of help on here mate if ya get stuck with"out:)

now stop looking lolLOL::)

Makes allot of sense that... Have days where i think i could of got better with the money i had but end of the day its mine and it does everything i ever wanted it to. Dont worry be happy now.

Wavestarved
19-07-09, 16:31
For the first couple of months I saw a few that were a bit cheaper than mine, I saw a lot that were a lot more than mine and I saw loads that were better looking than mine, after that I was too busy working on it and loving it to look or care. I LUV MY VAN!
its still not a finished job but that's part of why I love her, she keeps my mind off other rubbish goin' on. A man needs a hobby!
Just enjoy!