Roof bar fitments [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Roof bar fitments

ddixonuk
19-07-09, 13:44
Anyone know if any roof bars for other cars will fit straight onto a t4 with not too much bodging?

Dont really want to pay lots of for "commercial" ones when all im going to put on them is a couple of surfboards

Happy Days
19-07-09, 13:47
Anyone know if any roof bars for other cars will fit straight onto a t4 with not too much bodging?

Dont really want to pay lots of for "commercial" ones when all im going to put on them is a couple of surfboards

Volvo 940 rails fit straight on:) or do you mean the bars that go accross them?

ddixonuk
19-07-09, 13:52
I mean - roof rack type rails, so i can fit my surfboard on my roof, not roof rails that run down the length of the vehicle. Ones that will fit to the gutterless roof on a T4.

Happy Days
19-07-09, 14:08
Ok Sorry Fella....good luck in the search:)

t4world
19-07-09, 14:52
I have a coupleof sets at the workshop. Wouldn't want much for them. I will take some pics tomorrow and chuck em up here.

ddixonuk
19-07-09, 15:01
Sweet! my missus is in kent so could probably collect as well. Just want standard roof bars, nothing special.

cheekymonkey
20-07-09, 11:49
I have a coupleof sets at the workshop. Wouldn't want much for them. I will take some pics tomorrow and chuck em up here.

t4world

i'm interested in the same thing so PM me or post smth up to let me know what you've got

my objective is same to put boards on roof... i was looking for maybe some roof rails that also have cross bars (i had a granada estate years ago that had cross bars that jsut clamped onto the rails)

cheers :ILU:

alastairwatt
20-07-09, 17:13
hi there

see attached ebay item new vw bars, ive contacted seller an am going to get 3 and put across van 1 front an 2 rear to sit my canoe on, the could be run 2 sets along van though, great price as well you will need drill holes thru van though

ally

ebay item 120366971754