JAMEX SPRINGS, word of warning.... [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

JAMEX SPRINGS, word of warning....

vansport
03-03-08, 13:01
Hi All

Just a quick note to advise everyone that we now NO LONGER SUPPLY JAMEX SUSPENSION kits.

We have recently had another spate of problems which led to us having to replace springs and shock absorbers, we are totally disappointed with both the quality of the Jamex suspension parts and the total lack of concern and urgency with which they deal with warranty claims :bhd.

We have approached a new supplier as soon as we can agree favourable terms and quality assurances.

Our motto remains.... "If we wouldn't fit it to our own van, we won't sell it"

Regards

Phil & Ian
Vansport

Trident
03-03-08, 14:44
Well done mate !

Thats what I like to see,a company that puts morals before money A:

dubmodder
03-03-08, 15:34
Concern for customers? Whatever next? - Free products????!!!!! (well, you never know)

Seriously though. I have heard bad things about T4 springs by Jamex, thats why I have held off on lowering mine.

Hats off to you for taking a moral stand (and letting your customer base know why).

mark freer
03-03-08, 15:41
i agree if only all dealers were like yourselves , i need to lower mine but have heard nothing but bad things about jamex its a shame but none of us want to drive a jelly around do we .
let the forum know a decent alternative asap and what drop to safely do
regards

T11OM F
03-03-08, 15:47
Bad things about Jamex!?

What Bad things are these!

Glade your doing the right thing, most other compnays wouldnt!

:ILU

fat bloke no fingers
03-03-08, 17:58
Looks like i read this post just in time as i was going to buy jamex kit for mine this week. I have had their stuff before on cars with no drama, so what is actually wrong with them ?
Can anybody recommend an alternative that they are happy with ?
What about some of the kits from germany etc on ebay ?
Are they worth a punt or should i steer clear ?
Cheers....Lee.

Centaur
03-03-08, 18:04
Looks like i read this post just in time as i was going to buy jamex kit for mine this week.

Ditto here - a good heads up there, my thx go to Phil & Ian :ILU:

marco
03-03-08, 18:36
Well done Phil and Ian, a very honourable thing to do, a rare quality in this day and age.

BANANAVAN
03-03-08, 18:41
I've had the JAMEX springs for 3 years! with no problemsT: At the time of purchase i didnt have the money for anything else.;)

I've not tried the dampers as i knew that they were pants

Simon Baxter
03-03-08, 19:27
Hi All

Just a quick note to advise everyone that we now NO LONGER SUPPLY JAMEX SUSPENSION kits.

We have recently had another spate of problems which led to us having to replace springs and shock absorbers, we are totally disappointed with both the quality of the Jamex suspension parts and the total lack of concern and urgency with which they deal with warranty claims :bhd.

We have approached a new supplier as soon as we can agree favourable terms and quality assurances.

Our motto remains.... "If we wouldn't fit it to our own van, we won't sell it"

Regards

Phil & Ian
Vansport

Ditto.
removed from site, not interested in selling anymore, too many problems.
Cheeky b*stards even sent me a statement the other day, when they haven't even crieited all the balls ups they ahve sent me, not impressed.

Jono
03-03-08, 19:50
Im on jamex 45's and had no worries so far? been on the van around a year with a stack of mileage....still going under tomorrow though to check them...got a little fella in the back so can't be too careful,

cheers for the heads upA:

Jono.

johneames
03-03-08, 20:06
All I will add is Eibach springs are bloody fantastic! Not cheap but how many of us have shelled out on cheap sh!t springs such as Jamex and the like, then had to shell out again for something decent!
My rule of thumb would be the heavier the van (or at least if you have a panel van but carry a load regularly), the better quality (usually more money) springs you require.

I cant vouch for other makes but the KW kit that Bluebird sells looks good (very similar in appearance to the Eibachs). Slender guage at the ends and nice and fat guage in the middle with plenty of room between the coils (makes the suspension nice and progressive).

I origonally put CMC 45mm springs on my Westfalia. Was told they would be OK but once on the coils were all squashed together. I even had to put some urethane spring assistors between the coils to give me a little travel until I could get the Eibachs.

Bluebird Customs
03-03-08, 20:16
never considered them

never will

carp!!

always have been

:D

Wavestarved
04-03-08, 15:10
Mine have been on for nearly a year, the only time I have worries is when I'm carrying a van full of boards, kayaks, clothes, family, food and towing a caravan...It is a bit worrying low then though.
I have seen a buddies van on what were meant to be the same springs which were totally compressed with no load in at all?
Quality control and consistancy issues?
Jase

waxer
04-03-08, 15:58
Mine have been on for nearly a year, the only time I have worries is when I'm carrying a van full of boards, kayaks, clothes, family, food and towing a caravan...It is a bit worrying low then though.
I have seen a buddies van on what were meant to be the same springs which were totally compressed with no load in at all?
Quality control and consistancy issues?
Jase

I guess it must be a quality control ( or lack thereof!) issue. Ive had mine on for over 2yrs now and no probs at all and regularly fill the back up with what must be about a 1000kg. Guess I just got lucky. Does sound as though the after sales service and complaints dept could do with a kick though, I cant say Id do want to do business with them direct if thats how they behave.

vansport
09-08-08, 14:24
Ditto.
removed from site, not interested in selling anymore, too many problems.
Cheeky b*stards even sent me a statement the other day, when they haven't even crieited all the balls ups they ahve sent me, not impressed.

Same here - went straight into file 13, aka 'the shredder'

Now doing proper springs by Eibach (same people that make the springs for the T5 Sportline)

Matt888
09-08-08, 15:51
Had no probs with my-45mm even when loaded right up. Will see how they last the test of time but am quite happy with them for now T:

Matt

Wavestarved
09-08-08, 17:28
Hey Matt888
did you fit the Jamex springs yourself or were they on when you got the van? Just thought with yours being one of TT4s, if they're good enough for TT4 they can't be too bad.

Matt888
09-08-08, 17:49
The van came with their own -60mm springs which were too soft for me so after talking over a few ideas with Laurence he got hold of the Jamex springs so we decided to give them a try and its been all good so far. Not sure if hes fitting his vans with them now or not but I am happy with them. T:

Matt