horn [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

horn

t4 animal
05-03-08, 10:31
hey guys-horn has packed up on the van:eek:will any horn work or has it got to be 4 a t4:confused:

robblackheart
05-03-08, 10:43
try one of these, they are an easy replacement (so i'm told) i'm going to get one myself. http://shop.justkampers.com/product_info.php/products_id/11020
and they sound way cooler. :)

t4 animal
05-03-08, 11:09
cheers fella-just ordered it from them-T: m.o.t due april still got some work to do:( but nothing to much:gl

waxer
05-03-08, 12:28
Ten minute job, straight swap, dont bother with the relay they give you, just connect direct to the new horn terminals and honk honk....no more squeaky horn embarassment :D

Desp Dan
05-03-08, 12:54
try one of these, they are an easy replacement (so i'm told) i'm going to get one myself. http://shop.justkampers.com/product_info.php/products_id/11020
and they sound way cooler. :)

He's not wrong ;)
They are Nautilus Horns, They are the Dogs,
Next best Horn to a Train Horn, Hopefully have 2 fitted on Monday :D

itsaminibus
05-03-08, 12:59
keep a terminal kit handy as due to the position of the sounder and the terminals thety can corrode and then turn to dust when you try to remove them.

simplepsy
05-03-08, 13:02
He's not wrong ;)
They are Nautilus Horns, They are the Dogs,
Next best Horn to a Train Horn, Hopefully have 2 fitted on Monday :D

If you are planning on fitting 2 will you have to use a second relay?

Desp Dan
05-03-08, 16:08
Dunno :confused:

Baxter at Brickwerks is fitting an extra one to add to the one I already have fitted :D
Along with a few other jobs too ;)

He did mention summat about a relay tho

willonmitchell
06-03-08, 14:27
I put my aaaawooooga horn on in place of the old. straight swap and now it shines a little red nose from under the bumper.

simplepsy
25-10-08, 09:13
Dunno :confused:

Baxter at Brickwerks is fitting an extra one to add to the one I already have fitted :D
Along with a few other jobs too ;)

He did mention summat about a relay tho

Im about to do this... my horn squeesks like a mouses fart!

any tips or photos?

Cheers!

Si
:ILU:

Zappally
25-10-08, 16:59
I fitted one of these aswell, they sound ace. Instead of the usual location I put my in the engine bay next to the the battery, stays nice & dry instead of in the wheel arch where it gets wet, corroded & fooked. If like me & one or two others I think, if your van was missing the horn relay the one that comes in the kit can be used on the relay bored to solve any problems.

Cornblower
25-10-08, 17:03
I fitted a twin tone horn of a Ford Galaxy, great sound much better that the Herbie squeek I had before. The best thing was it has exactly the same connections as the T4

Cornblower