aa immobilizer! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

aa immobilizer!

stumpysworld
15-03-08, 12:58
:confused:Hello all..I have '01 ex aa model with maple immobilizer. Really started giving me hassle and draining batt if left for few days. How do i bypass this unit? I have the belt patch tucked into drivers seat and red led next to heated rear window button if this helps? Please help me someone...

nobby
15-03-08, 14:14
i think you can just snip a wire behind the panel next to the rear seat. dont ask me which one, but i believe this is what was done to mine.

stumpysworld
16-03-08, 12:09
T:confused:hanks nobby, hoping it would be relatively simple.. just dont want to 'snip' the wrong one cos i dont want to be fully immobilized!! does anyone know how to do it? I know there are threads on this subject on site already but i cant quite decipher exactly what to do? does aybod know how??

yellowgit
27-01-09, 12:56
T:confused:hanks nobby, hoping it would be relatively simple.. just dont want to 'snip' the wrong one cos i dont want to be fully immobilized!! does anyone know how to do it? I know there are threads on this subject on site already but i cant quite decipher exactly what to do? does aybod know how??

Contact Maple.
They will get a tech to ring you back.
The one that rung me back was very helpful, and said it was ok to give him a ring if I go ahead and disconnect.

I wasn't able to talk properly to him but he said there were a couple of snipped wires behind the fusebox (below and to right of steering column - have to take out compartment) and there are a couple of wires going into the Maple unit, with another couple of wires that have been snipped. Just run the snipped wires to the wires behind the fuse box.
That was the rough idea from what I can remember (memory getting worse each day, mind) - please feel free to post corrections - I won't take offenceRasp:.

akdaka
27-01-09, 14:08
Stumpysworld

From your description I have the same immobiliser in my ex AA van. I had the issue with the battery going flat, but it was the battery that was at faulty. Disconnect it, charge it, when charged measure the voltage and then leave for 24 hours and measure it again. Mine would lose several volts, so I replaced it and never had an issue with the immobiliser even with the van being stood for several weeks at a time.

The immobiliser on mine seems to have stopped working so am looking at replacing it with an alarm unit. The van has an imobiliser fitted anyway.

If not speak to Maple they are helpful over the phone. Also if you intend on keeping it fitted ask for the master fob. This is what they use to program the unit. You will need the details off the unit which should be situated under the panel below offside window.

Andy

slimbo
27-01-09, 19:35
the only problems with the maple systems was the pick up wire would break , tbh i would suspect the battery as the maple system only draws milliamps.

get a battery check done...

stumpysworld
28-01-09, 18:11
Thanks guys, the immobilizer has seemed to stop working! although if the battery is disconnected for a while, when connected, you turn key and get that horrible horn beeping and no start! If left for a short period it seems to reset itself allowing you to start.

Is this the factory immobilizer or the maple one that cuts in with the horn blaring?

Im still worried that ill be stranded somewhere so i plan to remove all of the aa electrics apart from the jump start circuit to front and back. I have gathered everything i need for my conversion so i guess its time to attack the birds nest!

I did replace the battery and it did make a difference..

:cool:

slimbo
28-01-09, 18:47
the pickup loop in the back of the seat, have a look and check the wires..

i will try to find out the info to either disconnect or remove for yer.