My Baidarka Explorer Sea Kayak on the bay. [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

My Baidarka Explorer Sea Kayak on the bay.

JIMMYJAMES
25-07-10, 20:57
Why not have a bid T:

JIMMYJAMES
27-07-10, 08:38
I dont think anything i have ever sold on ebay has had so many watchers. Its running at 44 at the moment :eek::eek::eek:T:T:T:

REO
29-07-10, 20:00
I had 167 watchers on a boat I was selling on the bay...and no one bid! lol..good luck sure you'll have some on this though :)

edbluejuice
29-07-10, 20:22
why you selling it jimmy ?

JIMMYJAMES
29-07-10, 21:35
My heart really wants to get back into either dinghy sailing or windsurfing, just too many toys to warrant keeping it. Its a lovely boat though and i will be sorry to see it go T:

Up to 66 watchers and loads of interest, i'm quite excited to see how much it ends up at.

edbluejuice
29-07-10, 21:37
sure you will get it sold mate

hope the windsurfing goes well, what sorta dingy you thinking of getting T:

got some old windsurfing kit that can go to a good home as well if your interested.

JIMMYJAMES
29-07-10, 21:44
It was seeing an International fourteen that made me lose my interest in kayaking, would love one but its a bit lairy for the mrs to start dinghy sailing in. My ideal boat would be a GRP Fireball again, it was the only boat i felt invincable and would take on any wind strengths in T:

I took two old boards to the tip today becasue they were proper old. I have good Gaastra monofilm sails and all i really need is a good beginner/intermediate board and a proper mast. What you got bud?

edbluejuice
29-07-10, 21:55
feel like i am hijacking your thread bit mate, let me know if i am

Windsurfing wise masts only i have would suit 430 and 460 40% carbons so okay for you.

Have you considered on the windsurfing front a stand up paddle board cross over, (our very own charlieuk is a sponsored rider T:) this wold give you the best of all worlds and SUP is a lot fun and really good excersise. would get ya going

Fireballs went out with the arch fella LOL: good boat though used to race them quite well myself thought mine was a compsite sandwich!

14's are the bomb used to have a morri 8 hull with halyardless mast recorded 35 knots in it :eek:

best way to start would be in one of the modren assymetrics may be a laser stratos would suit yours needs to start with?

Much more on hand if you need, boats are me T:

JIMMYJAMES
29-07-10, 22:01
I dont have a problem with it bud so chat away T:T:

You name it i have sailled it up until i finished Hobie Tiger sailing 3 years ago, all the new stuff i dont have a clue about. The mrs can sail but has never dinghy sailed before so i want something that will stay with us for a year or two until i can work her up to something extreme. Topper ISO is one of my faves but they still seem to hold too much money. I could have had that Ovington fourteen for 450 quid with a combi trailer and i'm still kicking myself a bit. The mast sounds interesting, then all i would need is a half decent board.

edbluejuice
29-07-10, 22:04
You name it i have sailled it up until i finished Hobie Tiger sailing 3 years ago, all the new stuff i dont have a clue about. The mrs can sail but has never dinghy sailed before so i want something that will stay with us for a year or two until i can work her up to something extreme. Topper ISO is one of my faves but they still seem to hold too much money. I could have had that Ovington fourteen for 450 quid with a combi trailer and i'm still kicking myself a bit.

ovinton 1,2,3 or 4 the one was pants the two plus were ace but needed a bit of lead straped to the transom area :eek: but the carbon in 'em worth more than that LOL:

laser 4000's are cheapish now and very good, also for you and missus why not a B14 the ovi's are very goodT:

JIMMYJAMES
29-07-10, 22:15
I'm just going to keep my eyes peeled for a cheap Laser 2, Fireball or 470 i think just to get the mrs into it and me back into it again. Assymetric stuff would possibly (being realistic) be a bit much for my level of fitness as i have been out of it for a bit too long.

Just took a look at my sails and i have Gaastra slalom 5sq'm 424mm luff, 5.7sq'm 440mm luff and a 6.4sq'm with a 467mm luff. Would any of your masts be ok with those?

edbluejuice
29-07-10, 22:21
masts assuming varo heads would be fine in any, but with extension in some! (which i have a lot of H:) so let me know if you need and i will photo them T:

dingy wise, asymetrics are really not energetic at all compared to conventional spinny's I have had 20 st bolkes who can walk going well in them. really they are the way forward.

think for the easy stuff, laser stratos and topper sport 14 and 16 T:

JIMMYJAMES
29-07-10, 22:32
You lost me with Varo heads mate. Do you mean the modern gust responsive type with squarish leech at the top?

edbluejuice
30-07-10, 05:16
nah with a strap at the top so you can vary mast length by the strap rather just extension eg with the 424 the 430 would fit but without the strap type head you'd have to 400 mast and extension T:

JIMMYJAMES
01-08-10, 14:07
Holy cow, it made 635 plus 100 delivery from Norwich to Milton Keynes. You could say i'm well chuffed with that T:T:T:

Kieran
01-08-10, 19:41
Holy cow, it made 635 plus 100 delivery from Norwich to Milton Keynes. You could say i'm well chuffed with that T:T:T:
LOL: Profit I:
Nice one mate T: