Seeking members in Glasgow/Stirling areas [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Seeking members in Glasgow/Stirling areas

t4covert1
25-03-08, 13:13
Hi guys
I am currently seeking t4 owners in or around Glasgow Stirlingshire areas who would like to make a bit of cash helping me with some elctrical bits and bobs i'm having difficulties with as follows..

We are finding it really hard to source a company or whatever to fit the following parts to our van to enable it to be as useable as possible to use...

A thatham approved alarm system
Central locking to all doors
Electric windows [poss]
Split charge relays and associated wiring for aux battery and aux 110 amp battery, with possibly some extra 12v sockets in back area.
240 v hidden hook up

What i am looking for is someone to fit these items for me who has already done so on their own van, and who feels compitent to do it on another, and therefore make some money through your knowledge..

Any takers please get in touch a s a p via pm with your charges, also anyone wish to hazard a rough guide price for the nessesities to do each part and what i should be looking at to pay to have eaach part done in labour, surely someone must know ???

Your asistance as always appriciated as i really dont relish having to come down south to get all this done seems ridculous to have to do so, surely there has to be another way around it...

Would it not be a good idea to get each person who wants to offer whatever service to the forum at a reduced or whatever price to make themselfs known, so we can get in touch when we need something doing, as i for one would far rather pay a forum member to do something for me than a company any day.

The reason i ask is we had a similar system in a previous marque forum i was a member of and it worked really well, it would and did also get the local guys to get to know each other as an added bonus, meaning when in trouble you had someone to call upon locally who knew the vehicle inside out as not everyone is either able to or pratically gifted enough to d i y.
Your thought appriciated
Slanj

t4covert1
26-03-08, 14:42
Obviously i need a paddle for that dingy then as knowone seems to want to answer itI: or for that matter even put their tuppence worth into the mix, i do not beleieve knowone has thought of this beofre:confused: and if not i should immediately be promoted to a "van jedi" with immediate effect should i not for all be it poaching a brill idea from elsewhere
Slanj

JLR468
13-07-08, 09:28
PM me if you still need this done. My mate is a mobile auto electrician and is a wizard with this kit, he fits Thatcham alarms and more. I've seen his work and watched him fit computers and media kits into cars and vans etc etc the list is endless. He is also an expert at ABS and other electronic kit.

Cheers
John

vwaddict
13-07-08, 20:08
PM me if you still need this done. My mate is a mobile auto electrician and is a wizard with this kit, he fits Thatcham alarms and more. I've seen his work and watched him fit computers and media kits into cars and vans etc etc the list is endless. He is also an expert at ABS and other electronic kit.

Cheers
John

dont think you will hear from him mate he took the huff a few weeks back and started up his own forum i believe he gets his wife to sit in the other room and they chat to each other online shes the only one he doesnt offend LOL:LOL:

higgy
13-07-08, 21:30
now now tam:D:D:D:D

vwaddict
14-07-08, 20:19
och am only having a laugh looks like hes still after a towbar its on his new forum LOL:

higgy
15-07-08, 11:23
stop it i wettin maselfLOL:

wulliefiscotland
18-07-08, 22:16
Anyone got a link to this one man ForumI: