anyone installed seats on runners [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

anyone installed seats on runners

t4scooby
04-11-07, 12:03
just got a row of bongo seats complete with runners to put in Scooby

has anyone installed seats before? :cheers

i am not going to do it unless i am confident that i wont :c things up. R: i am also looking at getting someone to do it for me as i am not willing to take the risk on this

any recommendations on the N Devon coast for someone who can install

curtis the pinstriper
04-11-07, 15:54
Might be going off at a tangent here, i changed our front seats which is real easy, fitted a pair of leather saab seats, then made a frame up for three more, cloth covered ones, to go in the back. Not sure if you man individual runners or a set that drops into permanant runners fixed to van

t4scooby
04-11-07, 21:11
hey curtis, i mean individual runners

thanks anyhow

m4rty2472
14-10-08, 23:08
just got a row of bongo seats complete with runners to put in Scooby

has anyone installed seats before? :cheers

i am not going to do it unless i am confident that i wont :c things up. R: i am also looking at getting someone to do it for me as i am not willing to take the risk on this

any recommendations on the N Devon coast for someone who can install

Scooby, are you talking about a row of seats on runners to fit in the back of your van? I have just fitted a 3 seater bench, a double swivel and a single swivel all on runners in the back of mine. It involved bolting the runners to the floor with metal plates on the underside of the van for strength, raising the floor( in my case by about 2 inches) which I did with 25mm kingspan and 18mm ply and hey presto!!!
If thats what your after then I can give more advice if needed, if not then just ignore all the above.

thenaylortribe
02-04-09, 11:49
M4rty, very interested in what you've done as it saounds like precisely what I want to do!

thenaylortribe
02-04-09, 11:50
that's SOUNDS...H:

m4rty2472
02-04-09, 20:05
Sorry not answered sooner fella, I'm up in Sheffield for the next 2 weeks but can give ya a hand or you can come look at how I done it when I get back down south. Or pm me your number if ya wanna know anything before then.