VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Introducing PP0.5 � The new PP2 Injector.

146K views 630 replies 321 participants last post by  Rake 
#1 · (Edited)
Introducing PP0.5 – The new PP2 Injector.

Dear all, As you know we pride ourselves on producing only the best modified injectors for our valued customers.

Well, we’ve done it again and this time, we have developed a mod which is probably the most versatile and accessible injector mod that we have done to date, and for some reason, I have called it PP0.5, The results from these injectors are highly positive and they are a welcome addition to our line of injectors.

As some may know, we were producing a modified Stanadyne injector aimed at the 88 bhp T4 that we called the PP2 injector. These injectors were old hat single stage stanadyne ones which as standard units, perform fairly miserably. Once modified, they were able to deliver up to 140 bhp upon remap. The problem with the stanadyne injector is that out of every set we receive, only 2 nozzles can be unblocked sufficiently well enough to use, combined with the fact that the needle lift sensors are againg and failing more often, another solution was required.

Initially we offered VW T4 PP1 injectors as a better alternative to the stanadyne PP2’s, which they still are and they are still offered, and still deliver in the region of 150bhp once remapped.

We have now developed another alternative to both PP1 and PP2 primarily geared towards the 88 bhp AJT engine but also of use on the 102 bhp ACV engine. These are the aforementioned PP0.5 Injectors.

So, what’s different about these ?

Firstly, they are Bosch injectors. That means that they are 2 stage injectors that perform much better than the single stage stanadyne injectors or even PP2 modified stanadyne injectors for that matter.

Secondly, they do not require a remap and will deliver around 125 bhp on upon installation and the option to remap for even more power either soon or at a later date or is still present.

Thirdly, Emissions – PP0.5 Injectors flow fuel differently to PP1, and as such the emissions from these are minimal and this is one of the reasons that they don’t require a remap in order to be used.
What are the benefits to fitting PP0.5 Injectors?

PP0.5 Injectors open up a whole new range of possibilities for both the 102 and 88 bhp T4’s.
For the 102 bhp T4’s (And 1.9TDI Engines) – Vehicles produced before 2000 had the older type ECU which requires the chip to be replaced before a remap is possible. There are only a handful of places that cater to this so by fitting PP0.5 the 102 can enjoy a substantial performance improvement without the need for a remap.

Performance & Economy – Although PP1 are the classic injector upgrade for the VW T4 102 bhp, PP0.5 can offer a veritable middle of the road option which might appeal to certain owners. They will deliver a great balance of performance and economy and should yield around 125 bhp by installing them. Economy generally improves as a result.
Cost – for those on a tighter budget who do not wish to remap immediately or at all, these injectors are a viable way of achieving a Project Power performance improvement without breaking the bank.

Replacement Injectors - In addition to a performance improvement PP0.5 injectors offer a viable and cost effective way of replacing worn or failed injectors with fully reconditioned ones which not only offer the benefits of new injectors at a fraction of the price, but also the improvement in performance. This is true of both the 102 ACV engine and the 88 AJT engine as the injectors can be used for either.
For the 88 bhp T4’s – All Models can utilize the PP0.5 Upgrade including those with the older and those with the newer type ECU’s.

Performance & Economy – On installation alone the PP0.5 will deliver around 125 bhp on a completely stock vehicle. Economy will either remain the same or improve. Generally it will improve as the engine has to work less to achieve a given RPM.

As with the 102 the option to remap for even more power will always be there and an intercooler can also be added at your leisure.

The main benefit for the 88 is the accessibility to this modification, it only requires the injectors and in some cases a minor adjustment to the idle which is effected with VAG COM or VCDS and literally takes 5 minutes.
We have now fitted these to quite a number of 88’s and the results have been consistent every time. A highly discernable improvement in performance to 125bhp, no smoke and great economy.

Cost – PP0.5 injectors are remarkably good value for money. With PP1 or PP2 a remap was required within a couple of months of fitting. With PP0.5 the remap can be left until such time as you want to do it. As such it can save the cost of the remap and cuts the cost of the performance upgrade to almost half.

A remap of course can be done at any time in the future and is recommended to give even better performance but is not a necessity.

Installation -

Installation of the injectors is relatively straight forward and instructions are given on request. For the 88 bhp engine a replacement fuel supply pipe is required as the wired or lift sensor injector on the Bosch set is slightly longer than the stanadyne. As such it should be installed in Cyl. 5 and the fuel supply pipe from an ACV engine used so that it reaches the injector perfectly.

Below is the Dyno run from Adam Oakley who has tested the injectors for smoke and power on his stock 2.5TDI
As you can see 124.5 bhp with 183 lbf-ft was achieved with no other modification.

UPDATE !!! UPDATE!!!******************************UPDATE!!

OK so its been a few years since we began making these VW T4 injectors and the feedback has been brilliant.

We have since learnt that these injectors are capable of a whopping 169 BHP !

One customer asked if we would supply him with one of our 2.5 inch downpipes to compliment his PP0.5 injectors, we said why bother ? they are the smaller nozzle and we didnt think it would be worth while.

The chap insisted and we sent him the downpipe and he then went for his remap. The mapper phoned me as he was very surprised too when the van made 169 BHP on the rolling road. The feedback from the mapper was that these injectors are the most versatile injectors he has worked with and deliver fuel in such a way that they can be used as a direct replacement for worn injectors or for performance mods so long as the diwnpipe was fitted.

So we now have the best solution possibe.

Without a remap they will make a nice modest 120 bhp or there abouts

With remap they can make 140 bhp

With our 2.5 inch downpipe, Exhaust and remap - 169 BHP.

Now you might ask what is so special about the 2.5 inch downpipe ? Well aside from its amazing quality and looks, it removes the most restrictive part of the exhaust tract - the cast iron exhaust elbow from the turbo and replaces it with a totally unrestricted apperture which makes a massive difference to the flow of exhaust gas.

Take a look at the old elbow next to the new apperture and it becomes clear.

See less See more
#534 ·
Yes of course. Fitting is quite straight forward and involves removing the clamps that hold the injectors in place. Then removing the units using either a slide hammer or you can twist and pull them out with a 15mm spanner in a lot of cases.

I send out very detailed instructions with every set.

It’s not difficult and you no longer need the pipe as you can tweak the existing pipe to fit.

#538 ·
Very interested in a set of injectors, and am quite tempted by the downpipe too as I've been considering a new stainless exhaust.

Could you let me know costs please?

I have a queiry about remapping also. Would the injectors work with an engine (AJT) that's already been re-mapped? I'm asking hypothetically of course.

#546 ·
Having had Ron fit me a set of PP0.5 injectors in 2016 which was then remapped by Dean at Vanology I needed a new exhaust for the MOT this year.

Because they're fairly local to me I went to PP Tuning in Louth and 35 mins later left with a new stainless system fitted at a cost of £330.

This has improved the economy from 38/39mpg to 41/42mpg which was a surprise.

The fuel system is performing exactly as it should and being a TDI doesn't require diesel heaters to start in the winter!

#548 ·
I bought a set of PP0.5 injectors for my T4 88BHP. I'd been having problems with the Needle Lift Sensor

The difference is really unbelievable. In all the years of messing with cars, I've never fitted a mod that changed the performance so much in one hit. It pulls so much better and I've have similar fuel economy.

I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to either upgrade or in need of replacement injectors. They are straightforward to fit.

Iain

#551 ·
Big thank you to Ron for fitting a set of PP0.5 injectors to my ajt engine three weeks ago T:
I have just covered 1500 miles and the van drivers so much better than standard, It pulls up hills with power to spare, over taking is so much easier and mpg has gone from 32 to 38. No more smoke or smell from the exhaust.
The PP0.5 are best thing ever fitted to the van. I can't thank Ron enough.
CheersT:

#560 ·
Hi, I would like a price please for a set of 0.5 injectors for my 01 88 T4 including delivery to me here in France. I did ask acouple of weeks ago and you did respond via facebook but I’m afr as id I lost the message. Sorry to mess you about but I do want them.
Cheers,
Eddie Diver-Clarke.

#561 ·
Hi, I would like a price please for a set of 0.5 injectors for my 01 88 T4 including delivery to me here in France. I did ask acouple of weeks ago and you did respond via facebook but I’m afr as id I lost the message. Sorry to mess you about but I do want them.
Cheers,
Eddie Diver-Clarke.
No problem Eddie, we ship to France without issue. I’ll message with prices.

#567 ·
Hi Ron.
My English is bad but I hope we understand each other.
I plan to buy a T4 2.5 tdi 102 hp. I found one and I have to go and see if it's good. These 102hp T4s are rare, more are 88hp. If I didn't find a good one with 102 hp then I would buy with 88 hp. But 102 hp is my first wish.
Now I have a question about the injector. After buying a T4 it would change injectors and do an ECU remap. I would like to get at least 150 hp, would like it to be 160 hp. I don’t want to drive a standard T4.
Other modifications to the plan include other injectors, a 2.5 incc tube, a larger intercooler if needed, and an ECU remap.
Would that be enough for 150 - 160 hp?
And now the question. Which injectors do you recommend? PP 0.5 or PP1?

#568 ·
Adamss24, thank you for your reply. What you did is also one of the possibilities. I would definitely change injectors, intercooler, put downpipes and mapping the ECU. I didn't plan to touch the turbine until I saw how many hp I could get with a standard turbine. And the question of which injectors to put? Waiting for Ron to write something ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.