View Single Post
Old 19-12-10, 20:53
Lord of the T4s
I Support CLIC Sargent

Default Re: Andy's 1.9 TDI Conversion AHU

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
cheers guys, i'm sure there will be a barrage of questions along the way but i've got a few to get the ball rolling.

1. Will the cruise control stalk people fit to the 2.5tdi t4's work with my AHU engine?
It's the same - so yes.

Quote:

2. Is it really worth getting a decat pipe? will it really make that much difference?
Depends - because I'm cheap I would just cut open the existing cat and remove the monolith before welding it back up again. Yes it's worth doing. The next cheapest option is to buy a 1.9TD pre-cat downpipe.

Quote:
3. Being a 1996 van i guess i must have a fairly early form of immobiliser.
Yes I think it will, but it depends on which end of '96 your van was produced

Quote:
I Don't think my keys have transponders or anything.
Yes they will if the van has an immo

Quote:
Am i going to be able to get this engine running in my t4 and still keep my original barrel and key so that the vehicle is all off one key still or will i have to use the golf barrel and loom?
Why would you have to change the key/barrel to the golf one

Quote:
4. Ive also got a early 1z tdi ecu that i effectively got for free. Is this of any use to me (i.e can it be used with my immobiliser loom in the t4 if using the ahu ecu in combination with my original key isnt an option?)
You are thinking too-hard about this. Take the old immo and all the associated wiring out of the van and throw it away - it is of no use to you for the conversion in any shape or form Forget about the spare ECU.