VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please post your engine Type in querries

27K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  milly600 
#1 · (Edited)
This is just a suggestion to members of the forum who thread and post in the engine section.
Can we all please when asking for advice about thier engine or related problems state what engine they have as far too many times i will read a thread and not have a clue what engine they have and find it difficult to advise because the advise is different for all the different engines found in the T4!

Can we have a sticky on this thread please jimbo?A:A:A:

#7 · (Edited)
Help my 2.5 TDI ex AA Van won't start.

Hi all, its my first time posting a question. I'm not even sure I'm on the right thread.
Anyway I have just purchased a 2000 2.5 TDI T4 (ex AA Van) I am having problems with it. It had been static (or very little use) for about 4 months before I got it. I drove it 30 miles when I noticed the wipers moving slowly and the dashboard dimming. The electrics then dimmed and when I stopped I couldn't re-start the van even with a jump start. I have had the battery recharged and replaced the the 109 relay. The engine now turns over well but fails to start. The fuel gauge showed empty this morning and half full this afternoon. I wonder whether the cold has prevented the fuel flow. My only thoughts now are to wait for a warmer day and give it another try.
Anyone else had this problem? Anyone with better ideas or know what the cause of the problem might be?
Cheers Tom

#10 ·
engine Type

Hi its my first posting so if wrong im sorry. I have just got my first T4 (been air cooled until now)its a 2.5 diesel 02 plate and i think they call it blue flash it has a blue I in the TDI.Just been looking in the hand book for engine types and it lists two a 111 kw and a 75 kw.I am looking to do a an oil change and diesel filter plus cam belt kit and there are so many listed
is there some way of finding out. the 111kw diesel engine picture in the hand book looks more like mine apart from they look like left hand drives . Hope this all make s seance hope you can help thanks baxi

#11 ·
Hi guys ive got an 2000 plate t4 with a 19abl engine looking to get the td1 engine and gearbox conversion done.
Whats the best engine to put in,i have a130 break out of a 04 plate golf with loom and box ,want it done rather than doing it myself is there any companys that do this and what sort of cost thanks tugg

#12 ·
hello i am about to order a timing belt kit for my 2.5tdi/88bhp its on a T plate and order a couple tools to do the job,i have a brooklands manual and a 'bit'of previous mechanically speaking,i will admit to being concerned,not so much by the work but the consequences of over looking something or simply being unaware of a serious detail/procedure.
am i as stupid as my wife suggests or is it possible for the diy-er?:)
i have replaced an air cooled 1600 in an old bay i owned a long time ago,clutches/steering racks and so on.
i think the code for this engine is ACU or ACV,it looks like i should replace the water pump aswell.
any advice would be very welcome
ps-the skip in skipdweller referes to caravan,having lived in a couple skips and my old Bay it was a term of endearment toward the caravans
many thanks

#13 ·
I dont recommend replacing the timing belt yourself,unless you have vagcom or vw diagnostic equipment there is no way you can check the TDI timing correctly.
It is far from a straight forward job to even get to the point where you need the diagnostic equipment,and like no other timing belt i have replaced before.There is a comprehensive guide somewhere on this forum.
Best of luck if you attempt this on your own,you have been warned.

#14 ·
Thankyou aggie for the heads up concerning diy timing belt,i'll stick to the simpler stuff,got to find a garage near me to do the job now(S/Wales)T:i suspected there might be something hiding in the shadows
i'm going to replace the calipers at the back,oils and filters instead
Cheers for the advice much appreciated

#15 ·
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help as I cant seem to start a new thread.
Ive recently had the injector pump belt, cam belt kit, and waterpump replaced on my 2.5 TDi (102 bhp) ACV T4. As soon as it was done I had difficulty starting it, when previously it started perfect 1st crack of the key, even when stood in freezing conditions.
I asked them to recheck the timing but dont think they had the correct VAGCOM software, if anyone is in the Dudley area or within aproximately 20 mile radius and wouldnt mind taking a look, please let me know.
Thanks Dave.T:

#17 ·
i, I'm new to this and VW!
I have bought a T4 Caravelle camper which is giving me trouble starting I think its te glow plug (s). I was told its a 1.9 engine but looking under the bonnet its a 5 clyinder engine. Am I right in saying that a 1.9 would be a 4 cylinder model? also can you tell me where to look for the low plugs as I cant see them.

Sorry if tis is not the right place to post this.

Regards
Tony

#19 ·
T4 1995 Engine Difficulties

My First post! Hi Everyone

I just bought a T4 1995 1900 4 clynder diesel. Engine Code AFE. The guy that sold it to me said he just replaced the engine. Well its throwing it aux belt.

The crank shaft pulley runs the altenator and water pump, there is a seperate pulley for the power steering.

As I run the engine, the drive belt is creeping off the crank shaft pulley. It doesnt sit very well on the water pump.

I have put a brand new aletnator on it as the old altenator pulley shaft was bent and this was making the altenator pulley cavitate.

Can anyone explain why this may be happening?

Many Thanks for your valued advice.

#20 ·
i have a 2.5 tdi t4 ajt. im currently rebuilding the engine but need some parts [pistons,rings,shells] also it has got stanadyne incectors, i was wondering if you can use bosch injectors instead. also if anybody has any infomation on rebuilding these and or tips on mods i would be extremely gratefull

#21 ·
i just fitted 1.9 tdi alh engine new turbo recon cly/head everting was fine started her up run on tickover till warm then reved it up an it went crazy full revs red line switched it off didnt had to cut battery terminal still ran at full revs for a minute neva came across this problem before need help any ideas what caused this doin my brain in daveyjay all help will be appreciated :*

#23 ·
hi guys ive got a mk3 golf tdi 1z engine that im going to use in my t4 but before i remove it i want to sort the running problem out, right on idle its up and down and at 70mph/80mph it has a slight judder(no smoke) like its running out of juice:confused: ive pluged it on my scanner but no codes found any ideas? could this be the start of fuel pump failure? if i cant sort it its going to the scrappy:(

#25 ·
afternoon all new to the forum just bought a 98 long nose velle i have owned it about 10 weeks now done a few bits lowered it 85mm bonnet bra 18s fatboy black bars curtains on way from germany and its in the paint shop as we speak T: but it only has the 2.4 d engine:( can anyone tell me where to get the 102tdi engine fitted even better supplied and fitted or should i go for the tdi conversion for mine not sure and could do with some advice struggling to upload pics will try again later thanks cranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.