VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Spring Information

21K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  OzDzynes 
#1 ·
Can anyone with etka or acess to the parts catalogue get me as much spring information as possible.
We know there were different colour codes and lengths of original spring but what version was fitted to what model and payload capacity.
Have you changed your springs: what was the original colour code and off what model: do you have, can you get a photo of the spring?
Any info and input especially from those with vw info or in the trade much appreciated.

#2 ·
had a quick look through etka7 tonight....

Marked with:
Payload:
Wheelbase:

DELIVERY VAN
white

white
2920/3320

pink
2920/3320

pink
2920/3320

grey
for vehicles with lowered/sports type running gear

KOMBI VAN

light blue

light blue
2920/3320

pink
2920/3320

pink

white
2920/3320

grey
vehicles with lowered/sports type running gear

MULTIVAN

light blue

light blue
2920/3320

pink
2920/3320

pink

white
2920/3320

grey
vehicles with lowered/sports type running gear

CALIFORNIA

Yellow

Double cabs,pickups and ambulances also have specific codes :eek:.There may also be variations on PR codes,but i'll save that for another day as its taken a while to type those out!T:

#6 ·
Think i am going to be looking for a set of these pink springs.

I have just bought a T4 that someone has lowered at some stage, going up my drive with the kids in the back, the springs were crashing and banging as the suspension bottomed.

Going on a shopping trip to France would be a complete no no with these fitted.

My back would be destroyed by the time we got home!!

Anyone want a set of springs to lower their T4?

Rhys

#10 ·
Im after a set of heavy duty 1200 springs as i using my van every day, its kitted out with racking etc.

I noticed that i had a old boiler and tools in it and the was not looking good at all.

I also want to put on some BFG AT type tyres at some point so i actually need mine cranking up.

What should i look out for.LOL:

#14 ·
im after a set of heavy duty 1200 springs as i using my van every day, its kitted out with racking etc.

I noticed that i had a old boiler and tools in it and the was not looking good at all.

I also want to put on some bfg at type tyres at some point so i actually need mine cranking up.

What should i look out for.lol:
i have a pair of h.duty springs and just down the road from you hartney wintneyt:

#13 ·
I also have a 2.5TDi Caravelle, albeit a 2001 - the rear springs I think were original and knackered, one had lost its pigtail, got a pair of new looking black heavy duty type ones from a member on here who does wheels and suspension lowering professionally so always seems to have loads of standard springs available at a bargain price. His forum name is Colese just do a search or take a look on the wheels and tyres forum for him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.