VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

! ! ! Stolen stolen stolen stolen ! ! !

7K views 54 replies 43 participants last post by  NickV 
#1 ·
SMURFETTE WAS STOLEN FROM MY HOUSE ON WEDNESDAY MORNING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 5-6AM, WAS SPOTTED BY A POLICE CAMERA AN HOUR LATER ON THE M6 NEAR JCT 27 BUT SINCE THEN NOTHING !

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS SEEN OR KNOWS ANYBODY TRYING TO OFF LOAD ANY PARTS THEN PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH THE LOCAL POLICE .. MY LITTLE GIRLS BRAND NEW PINK RECARO SEAT THAT SHE HAD SAT IN 3 TIMES AND WE HAD SAVED FOR THE PAST 6 MOMTHS WAS IN THE FRONT ALONG WITH HER FAVOURITE LITTLE DOLLY, IN THE BACK WERE SOME PERSONAL DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NO USE TO ANYONE ALONG WITH A BIG BOX FULL OF SPARE PARTS, A BOX OF ASSORTED WIRES, A SMALL BLACK AND YELLOW TOOL DRAWER WITH SOCKETS, SCREWDRIVERS ETC, A RIPSPEED DVD FLIP OUT HEAD UNIT WITH SLIGHT DAMAGE TO THE FRONT LEFT SIDE, A CAMPING HEATER, CAMPING COOKING SET IN A RUCK SACK AND A PAIR OF CAMMO WELLIES.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

See less See more
#33 ·
Well Dubbers looks like she a gonna .. for now :(

Insurance company have asked for the keys and the V5 so think there going to process the claim .. by all means this does not sweeten the deal as I want the van back so If, as mentioned throughout this thread, if it somebody on here or knows who has her then that does not make it right to take someone elses belongings :*

There were things in the van that were personal to my family and no use to anyone so if they have been tossed out the window or just bagged/burned then your even worse scum then I ever thought :(

:bhd Yes I'm angry and lets just hope you are never found as I will not be held responsible for what happens to you .. and yes that is a threat ! :bhd

On the other turn of the coin I would like to thank all the decent people on here that have been keeping an eye out and sharing and well all i can say is keep looking .. you just never know if she will pop up T: .. with a bit of luck !

:ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU:

#37 ·
This is really sad to hear and worries me as T4's become more sought after particularly as im spending considerable sums of money on mine at the moment. I hope you get it back mate but even then i doubt it'll be in a pleasent state :(

How good is your insurance cover? I know mine will cover pretty much everything in the van and im hoping yours is similar.

On that note - how do you prove or disprove ites were in the van when stolen, for example a laptop, wallet, or in my case - rock climbing gear? Lets hope it doesnt come to that!

RE: Immobiliser in T4's - these are far too easily removed and can be done so in about 30mins which is unfortunate. The T4 immobiliser is poor by modern standards. I always like the idea of wrapping a strong cycle lock around the chassis/brake lines in such instances. At least then if they try and drive off they'll meet an interesting end...

#38 ·
Looks like we have to go back to old lumpy steering wheel locks...more a visual aid that says, if you take it you are going to be taking time and exposure to do it.

The real hassle for T4 conversions is that no matter what, you will never get the true value back on what you spent on the van Never kind your time and upset.

Hope your insurance does right by you. T:

#46 ·
No update i'm afraid :(

The insurance company have now received my keys, V5, MOT certificate etc so just awaiting the dreaded call from them with a settlement :*

Makes me more angry every day and to top it off this weekend is the Forum meet for my region aswell ! :(

Gutted :(

#47 ·
Its sad people do this :( feel for you mate, no matter how new or old your van is its your personalty that goes in it that hurts.

Maybe just a warning to us all that sometimes when we post pics we leave our number plate showing :confused:, not hard to locate where you live I'm sure.
Hope any further news is good mate T:

#50 ·
I agree with Bones007, since this has happened I have posted no pictures anywhere ! not neccessarily cause of the number plate but more to the fact I live in a distictive area with a Chruch and School directly opposite which can easily be Googled ..

Again I posted a pic on Facebook with my little baby girl sat in her new Recaro seat, 3 days later the van is gone with this in it ..

Loads goes through my mind but its been nearly 2 weeks now so I have to accept its all gone and I have learnt a very valuable lesson .. I cant and wont be able to afford to replace the stuff that has gone missing for a long time and the insurance are not playing ball so time for me to simmer down and think more about what I buy in the future :( :( :(

#55 ·
Sorry for your loss - sh*t happens- my T25 was stolen a few years ago and my mate's T4 also [both in London]

There was no forum pics or anything like that, just opportunist thefts- people like that are always going to exist- it's their 'job'! They drive around looking for motors to steal...!

Don't give up on having a nice vehicle, just up the security next time- visible steering lock, immobiliser/alarm etc - should deter most thieves. It is unlikely to happen to you again.!

By the way, I got mine back- a friend saw it on someone's drive!!! Police were NOT interested, despite being able to catch the thief, however the insurance co got it back straight away, and was able to claim for damages in lieu of being stolen- the odd scratch etc.
Good luck!!!!!

#52 ·
nah mate you can buy those i-dub stickers from ebay plus at any vw show or festival pretty much for a £1 or so!!!

sorry to hear about your van :( thats such sad news! i once had a tail gate window smashed and a sub box nicked that was bad enough, but this........shocking, truely shocking, such a beautiful van.

I SAY, NO TRIAL SIMPLY EXECUTE KNOWN VAN THEIFS....IF ITS A CHAV VAN THEIF JOY RIDER, DOUBLE BUBBLE T:

#53 ·
Well looks like this will be my final update for quite a while :(

Visit from the plod the other evening to advise that the case will remain open but they will no longer be activley searching for my van :(

The insurance have paid out, well given me a little something but no where near enough to find another van in the condition my Smurfette was in, and after having to pay out for yet another car seat for my little girl, tools and other various bits that were in the van I wont be in a position to buy another any time soon :(

I will remain active on here though and still try to help or advise with what little knowledge I have LOL:

So from me to you 'Peace out' peeps and hopefully a turn in the weather will see you all enjoying your pride and joy's through out our lovely British summer :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU: :ILU:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.