VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Southend-On-Sea Cruise

17K views 77 replies 33 participants last post by  rimajo 
#1 ·
Looking for response to starting a bi-monthly S-O-S Cruise / stop and look.

Suggest first date Sunday 28th March from 2pm at Uncle Toms Cabin - Shoebury (SS3 9HG). just turn up and park on the grass (don't forget to get a parking ticket).

for the kite surfers, brave ones in March, Uncle Toms is a good stop if the tides in - mud otherwise.

for the kids (big or small) the beach - the ice-creams - the promenade for skating, boarding, biking etc etc.

in the summer May / July could try a bbq and show and shine at Shoebury Eastbeach?

Haven't consulted the Essex & Kent boys on this - hope your OK with it?

T4FAN

#56 ·
Speaking with Chris the Big Bad Bear this evening, he is upgrading his 88 to a 102 (ish) fitting the bigger injectors and the intercooler, He doesn't know it yet, but I will use his van for the talky :D

Oh and T4Toad will be there as well - we will see his Mitsubishi Intercooler T:

#61 ·
Paul and Davegsx

The next meet will probably be on Saturday 29th May from 1pm bring your own BBQ for lunch, this is subject to any council restrictions. Its a bank holiday and the air show weekend - but its a Saturday.

The talk on maintenance from Tim will be great for the July meet (date to be confirmed). The next meets Masterclass talk will be on fitting an intercooler from Jimbo.

A cruise was supposed to happen at the last meet! Sounds good If we all aim for a 4.30pm cruise on the 29th.

Jim's stereo - loud (dodgy music though!)Rasp:
HMM You say the next meet will be on the 29th May?? And Jim is going to use my van as a example of upgrading from 88 to (Cough) 102-140 bhp
Only one Major problem I can see here, is that Both Jim and myself will be on our way to our Campsite in Normandy France that Day :*
Not even sure I can organise a Regional meet this Month as my Van will hopefully be having it's pop top fitted towards the end of it I: But will sure try T:

#57 ·
i spoke to tim @ kustom dubwerks (hockley, essex) today and he's up for attending the next meet in his US-import Westy T4 next time round.

Incidentally, tim is a dab hand when it comes to T4 servicing, repairs and mods etc (pro-trained, too!), and is a handy contact for any essex-based t4 owner ;)
(He's the only mechanic I trust with my t4, and his prices are very reasonable, too!)

also.... I reckon he might be up for presenting a brief rundown re: servicing/maintenance schedules and procedures at a future meet - or maybe a q&a re: problems/tech issues etc?
if that's of interest to you guys, let me know and i'll prime him up for it beforehand ;)

Either way - he's a top bloke, and his van is really cool, too! Business or leisure, i'm sure he'll fit in well!

#58 ·
Paul and Davegsx

The next meet will probably be on Saturday 29th May from 1pm bring your own BBQ for lunch, this is subject to any council restrictions. Its a bank holiday and the air show weekend - but its a Saturday.

The talk on maintenance from Tim will be great for the July meet (date to be confirmed). The next meets Masterclass talk will be on fitting an intercooler from Jimbo.

A cruise was supposed to happen at the last meet! Sounds good If we all aim for a 4.30pm cruise on the 29th.

Jim's stereo - loud (dodgy music though!)Rasp:

#64 ·
Right, I hope peeps are still up for Sunday 23rd May Southend meet?

I have tried contacting S-O-S Council regarding BBQ and use of grassed areas at Shoebury East Beach (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=mul...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl ). But no one was interested!

Well lets still meet - i will go to the beach next week and check up the latest works and facilities (there were ongoing improvements last time I went).

Jimbo and Big Bad Bear are we still getting a lesson on intercoolers?

I will post next Saturday the latest news.

#66 ·
There are fixed BBQ's at Shoebury East Beach - but you can't book them.

I will be in the new carpark from 1pm'ish and I hope to see some of you on Sunday 23rd May.

Went to Battlesbridge VW show today, loads of T4's in the carpark; parked opposite a very nice newly sprayed 'advacado' T4 for sale - miss my 64 Beetle now!

Mark - T4FAN

#67 ·
Evening All
Just caught up on this thread, provided all goes well on the Sat (Camper MOT ready for France) we should be along, but as with Chris, this is the last prep before a week in France in the Van's so may not be along till a bit later.
If for what ever reason we can't make it along, please keep me posted for the next one ok
Regards
Jimbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.