VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

passenger side front knocking going over bumps

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  gaz@t4life 
#1 ·
i have had a knocking noise for ages now which makes my van sound like a shed its embarrasing i have a 1.9 td swb the only reason ive put up with it so long is because the sub is louder.ive taken it to two mechanics one said he cant see anything only slight play on the rack let it get worse and the other said it was the anti-roll bar bushes which he changed £40 quid down the drain, did nothing. i never went back did my head in after already spending a grand on full service inc cam belt rear pads and disks and 2 syncros. SO is there anyone that has an idea what it could be? is there a bush above the front shock thats hard to see/diagnose that could be causing this and if so any tips on how to do it.

#8 ·
wouldnt mind talking to you about that boost guage either looking for one at the moment just got a hazard switch from ebay of a passat im looking at a guage the same colour as the dash there 60 notes though.next step will be to up the boost and fuel have you done that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.