Old 25-03-18, 09:31
Lord of the T4s
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Re: Van Heaters from China

Arrived on Friday..That's 3 weeks since ordering.

Delivered by Herns.

It is very well packaged and well protected with bubble wrap.
Everything appears to be there on inspection. This is the 2kw heater.

However my mate ordered the 5kw heater ( ordered same day as me) he recived the exhaust on its own last Friday and and the heater and parts on Friday there same drop off.

He reports damage to the outer plastic casing and NO bubble wrap protection!

Same seller ordered on the same days but two different results.

Oh I should add 156 no extra charges.

Last edited by jc1; 25-03-18 at 09:33.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-03-18, 09:44
Serial Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
Arrived on Friday..That's 3 weeks since ordering.

Delivered by Herns.

It is very well packaged and well protected with bubble wrap.
Everything appears to be there on inspection. This is the 2kw heater.

However my mate ordered the 5kw heater ( ordered same day as me) he recived the exhaust on its own last Friday and and the heater and parts on Friday there same drop off.

He reports damage to the outer plastic casing and NO bubble wrap protection!

Same seller ordered on the same days but two different results.

Oh I should add 156 no extra charges.
Watching with interest jc please keep us updated
Old 25-03-18, 09:52
Lord of the T4s

Will do Stu ...

I'm meeting Hoovie on Tuesday hopefully arrange the fitting party. He has one to fit also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-03-18, 19:06
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!

Quote:
Will do Stu ...

I'm meeting Hoovie on Tuesday hopefully arrange the fitting party. He has one to fit also.
I got mine today

There are so many different sellers it can be hard to know which is the "right" one.

I based my choice on the photograph of what you should get ... Key factors for me were:
2kW model rather than 5kW
'my' seller had a neat little fuel tank different to the majority and it looked like a better shape for my own purposes.
Mounting Plate - this doesn't seem to feature with most kits but is handy
Full air venting kit - again, this appears to be missing from many kits (based on photograph in seller listings)

My heater had a broken clip on it - shame but no real issue. Impressed with what I received for the price (and no VAT or Duty to add on, which was a nice bonus).
I didn't get the controller shown in the sellers image though, but what looks like technically a better one with a display, but think it will be in Chinese (hopefully numbers will be standard and so easily useable). I did kind of not worry about having a basic rotary dial controller as would be universal, but think I am pleased to have the more advanced version.

(I already bought a pair of exhaust silencers which I got around a month ago - one for exhaust and also one for inlet for ultimate noise deadening)
Old 25-03-18, 21:11
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I got mine today

There are so many different sellers it can be hard to know which is the "right" one.

I based my choice on the photograph of what you should get ... Key factors for me were:
2kW model rather than 5kW
'my' seller had a neat little fuel tank different to the majority and it looked like a better shape for my own purposes.
Mounting Plate - this doesn't seem to feature with most kits but is handy
Full air venting kit - again, this appears to be missing from many kits (based on photograph in seller listings)

My heater had a broken clip on it - shame but no real issue. Impressed with what I received for the price (and no VAT or Duty to add on, which was a nice bonus).
I didn't get the controller shown in the sellers image though, but what looks like technically a better one with a display, but think it will be in Chinese (hopefully numbers will be standard and so easily useable). I did kind of not worry about having a basic rotary dial controller as would be universal, but think I am pleased to have the more advanced version.

(I already bought a pair of exhaust silencers which I got around a month ago - one for exhaust and also one for inlet for ultimate noise deadening)
Hoovie

Can you link me the silencers I will require please?
Old 25-03-18, 21:31

Quote:
Hoovie

Can you link me the silencers I will require please?
I got them from this seller - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-P...72.m2749.l2649
Arrived quite quickly considering from China. Look decent enough. Paid 12 each at the time.

Checked the heater delivery time ... actually just 3 weeks 2 days, but just seemed longer.
Old 25-03-18, 21:48
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
I got them from this seller - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-P...72.m2749.l2649
Arrived quite quickly considering from China. Look decent enough. Paid 12 each at the time.

Checked the heater delivery time ... actually just 3 weeks 2 days, but just seemed longer.
I will get two ordered up....cheers
Old 01-01-19, 09:16
Van Man

Hi
I have a T4 Westfalia with an ancient Eber. 1994 van and I think the heater is the same era. I had someone look at it a couple of years ago and “fixed it” for nearly £200 but told me that it was shaky as to whether it was actually going to work. It didn’t. Sigh. Fan works but no heat.
So I’m pondering one of these Chinese heaters. Can I sling it under the van to replace the Eber ? It looks identical, but is it weatherproof enough ??? Will everything like the diesel connectors just swap straight over ?
Any help would be awesome on this.
Thanks
Sean
Old 01-01-19, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadiesean View Post
Hi
I have a T4 Westfalia with an ancient Eber. 1994 van and I think the heater is the same era. I had someone look at it a couple of years ago and “fixed it” for nearly £200 but told me that it was shaky as to whether it was actually going to work. It didn’t. Sigh. Fan works but no heat.
So I’m pondering one of these Chinese heaters. Can I sling it under the van to replace the Eber ? It looks identical, but is it weatherproof enough ??? Will everything like the diesel connectors just swap straight over ?
Any help would be awesome on this.
Thanks
Sean
All the mechanical bits are interchangeable. You would have to swap the wiring over as different loom. You could try just swapping the pump connection over but likely best to swap the pump as well unless someone can confirm otherwise.
Old 01-01-19, 10:54
Van Jedi

Has anyone fitted one of these inside the double passenger seat base of a T5? It looks like it'll fit but wondered if anyone else had gone down the same route? I've had a a look online but most installs are either outside under the drivers seat or inside under the drivers seat. I think there's a wiring loom which runs towards the 'B' pillar seat belt area which might get in the way. Comments appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in