Old 26-03-08, 00:57
Van Pro

Default Re: This "correct 19mm spring" cobblers..

Thanks Simon, ive ordered the H&R's, going to use them with my standard dampers until I can afford some better ones, hope it will be ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-03-08, 06:43
Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Baxter View Post
Oh, and anyone ever seen a TUV cert for any Jamex springs?
I don't think I ever did when I sold them, they certainly weren't in the box!

hhmmm....
If you go to the Jamex Website there is a tuv certificate number listed for the t4:
http://www.jamex.com/shop/index.asp
A while back I was told that jamex's problem was that the company had jamex.com and jamex.co.uk: the 2 names were the property of different individuals and one of these individuals: I can't remember which weren't supplied by jamex as a maufacturer but just used the jamex name to endorse some polish springs: I think this is about right: the gist of it is theirs one huge factory somewhere in europe that supplies most of the aftermarket springs: obviously some of the production runs are made to different standards and the factory also produce their own generic spring: basically the generic spring was being badge up as jamex but wasn't a Jamex design or spring.
hope that makes some sense: if you look up jamex.co.uk the site is up for sale, if you look up jamex.com you get the jamex performance site.
SB: which one did you deal with?
Can you add any accuracy to this?

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=navy]VWT4 Forum; By Owners For Owners! [/COLOR][/FONT]:ILU:
Old 26-03-08, 13:36
Serial Poster
Official MemberVW Transporter

[QUOTE=Simon Baxter;74302]Thats the lighter duty one, not the HD duty one, read the headings

QUOTE]

right i see.hd = heavy duty!doh!its just that both pics are just headed wietec.cheers

Caravelle t5 roof bars for sale
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=248221
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-03-08, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If you go to the Jamex Website there is a tuv certificate number listed for the t4:
http://www.jamex.com/shop/index.asp
SB: which one did you deal with?
Can you add any accuracy to this?
I didn't deal with either, I dealt with a UK company, who imported Jamex.
I was lead to believe that the springs were Dutch and made by a company called Tavema, or something, the dampers made by KYB.
KYB are a semi respectable company.
It's always been springs problems that I have had, inconsistant drops, springs that can't carry the weigh that they were meant to.
I have had one set of dampers tun up dinged and one set of T3 rear dampers where the bottom bushes fell in pieces.
I have not had as many problems with anything I have ever sold than I have with Jamex, I don't want to be basically wasting my time with warranty stuff, I would rather not sell this budget line and concentrate on selling parts that don't come back, not good for the end user or me.
There are a few other kits that bare the same name, I had a G-Max kit and a Jamex T3 kit next to each other, they were exactly the same thing.
I got some bumf through the post today about Apex, not something I have any experience of, interested to hear some feedback about those too.

Interestingly the Jamex site has -30mm and -50mm springs listed, from my supplier these were quoted as -45mm and -55mm, I would tend to believe the Jamex website. Only the -30mm springs are TUV appoved also, probably a reason for that eh.
Old 27-03-08, 00:10
Van Guru

Hmmm, Decisions, Decisions... HR's or KW's

Old 21-04-08, 22:28
Van Jedi
I Support Children In Need

I'm concerned now I just ordered some weitech springs the lighter duty ones which said they don't sag or bind. Is this correct
The springs I have on my van currently just seem to be so week they give no resistance and with any hint of weight the rear wheel wants to disappear ! (not sure of the make but the shocks are Jamex, the springs are red)

Will the weitech springs do the same or can I expect them not to sag or bind when showed even a bag of spuds ? worringly confused now
Old 21-04-08, 23:00
Lord of the T4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxo View Post
I'm concerned now I just ordered some weitech springs the lighter duty ones which said they don't sag or bind. Is this correct
The springs I have on my van currently just seem to be so week they give no resistance and with any hint of weight the rear wheel wants to disappear ! (not sure of the make but the shocks are Jamex, the springs are red)

Will the weitech springs do the same or can I expect them not to sag or bind when showed even a bag of spuds ? worringly confused now
The weitechs are far superior than the Jamex so you won't have a problem
Old 22-04-08, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Baxter View Post
Interestingly the Jamex site has -30mm and -50mm springs listed, from my supplier these were quoted as -45mm and -55mm, I would tend to believe the Jamex website. Only the -30mm springs are TUV appoved also, probably a reason for that eh.
That would explain why my van hardly seems to have dropped at all!
Old 27-05-08, 17:29
Van Man

Hi does anybody know whether either of these suspension kits are any good http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-TRANSPORTER...QQcmdZViewItem or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290232543447&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWIT&ih=019 or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-TRANSPORTER...2em118Q2el1247 they are for an ex AA van without a camper conversion. It will carry up to five people on a regular basis plus camping gear a few times a year. thanx in advance for any input.
Old 26-02-09, 12:40
Van Pro

hi,
i'm in the market for a set of springs and dampers for a 1998 panel van. the van will carry nothing more than two or three mountain bikes and some sports gear in the back. i plan to put in a second row of seats or maybe a rock n roll bed at some stage. on the odd occasion i would like to be able to tow a car transporter with car on it. i want a 40mm drop. i dont want a harsh ride as the roads where i live a fairly bad. i was thinking of the weitec light duty kit or should i go for a heavy duty kit? if i go for a heavy duty kit will it be a very crash bang type of ride for my normal driving? who is the best to buy these from i need them shipped to ireland. thanks in advance.
barry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in