VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Can we cancel Xmas?

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Besty 
#1 ·
We have been together now for 11 years....I love her to bits...all of the bits....OK not the rusty bits but you know what I mean.

So after a good year...214K on the clock and drives like a dream...she picks now, just before Xmas to start throwing a wobble.

I gave her new lower ball joints as an 11 year anniversary present , but was that enough...oh no. It had to be a new back exhaust box or no MOT for me. Ok I thought...treat that as an early Xmas prezzie for my darling Multivan.

So now, just as we are about to tow the caravan for a family gathering....(well more like a quickening to be honest!)...for a round trip of some 600 odd miles for the weekend....BOO! up pops the low brake warning light. Just last night I replaced her reverse light bulbs. (I know not everyone likes that sort of thing! I should have warmed my hands first!)

But at this rate we will have to cancel Xmas.

:D Bah Humbug Rasp:

But then when you drive them...all is forgiven....:D "Whats that rattle?" :eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
Be greatful you dont have mine then mate... this year alone, new injectors, wiring loom, most sensors on the engine, full exhaust.

Last year it was cambelts and clutch and service.

And now its wanting a new diesel pump and one of the injectors is blowing! Luckily I have the diesel pump already but sodding sodding thing!

The head on my Audi blew 4 months ago after I had been forced to replace the fuel lines and a new rad and aux water pump... Its not been a good year motoring for me!

#3 ·
Good grief thats suicide by VW Audi group. I: Well I feel much better now...not much help for you of course. A:

But be possitive, look for light at the end of the tunnel....its another parts delivery van about to run you over! :eek:

Hope it eventually gets put straight on both vehicles and you have trouble free years driving next year. T:

#4 ·
Well it serves me right...gloating about how my troubles are nothing compared to poor Christophski. :(

Garage have called to tell me that its going to be Discs and pads all round and a bill that aint pretty. :eek:

Death by a thousand invoices...So I now know how young master Christophski is feeling...:confused: Still it could be worse...and at least I get to tell the kids and Grand kids that Santa slipped on some reindeer p.o.o and we have to cancel Xmas this year. :D

#5 ·
Not good mate. It's would work out not to bad if you could do the work yourself bud. It's not that difficult. That's why I did all of that. I could do it so I did oh and the fact the van has been in limp mode and no codes were helping so it was a case of trial and error and throwing cash at it.

I'm sure the family would be happy with gifts from the pound shop lol mine are certainly getting pound shop specials lol!

#9 ·
What's Christmas got to do with VWs? :*

Just cancel it anyway instead of contributing to the pockets of of the shareholders of Asda, Morrison's, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Amazon, Argos, et al.

Bah - humbug… unless someone wants to buy something for my T4 Westie, that is. That throws a a completely different light on the subject! I:

#16 ·
Well a brief up-date...after all the extra cost for brakes etc, the caravan had a failed indicator which after many hours of testing and checking and deciding not to go on Friday, turned out to be a fault on the T4 tow bar.

All sorted....T:

But having seen KN73 problems....mine are nothing.

My business partner had similar with his house. On a hill never likely to flood, but the council did not maintain the road drains/gully on his road which then overflowed along the road and turned right into his drive, through front garden and through front door...departing the back door having trashed his ground floor.

The insurance does help, but you are right, you will always be out of pocket even with the insurance and the upset and disruption. Feel for you.

*<:)>:GL :no Not this year.

#18 ·
Cheers guys. Loss adjuster coming within 48 hours. Some girl lost her life in Exeter on the same night so got to think yourself lucky. Always someone worse of than yourself. Just looking forward to the summer and our weekends away in the van already!

#19 ·
Well tie one visit next Summer up into Oxfordshire on a first weekend of any month. You can visit our 1st Sunday of the month meet up for a Roast and assorted drooling over folks vans and the like. Take your mind off the ongoing repairs at home..Always glad to see visitors T:

Good luck...A:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.