VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

single / double seat base

979 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  paul20v 
#1 ·
I have bought some nice leather seats for the front of the van im just wondering if a single base has to be used for the passanger side or can a single seat be fitted onto a bouble base?

I know this may look abit silly but im thinking it could be quite good to make a shelf/box/compartment for me to put my paperwork, tape measure ect on

Wondering if anyone has any pics of single seats on double base or any info regarding this

thanks

#2 ·
I saw recently that someone had done something similar but used the extra base part for a console type thing with cup holders. Didn't look silly at all, in fact it looked really good. Have a look in the interior section, I think that's where I saw it.

#4 ·
Mmm, this thread seems to suggest the base is integral to the seat and doesn't come off... I dare say there's no harm in trying.... maybe best to build a custom base which has exactly what you need.

The doubles don't come apart from the base as the singles do, at least not on the ones with 3 point belts fitted anyway. The double base is much wider to support the 2 seats.
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138441

-r0

#6 ·
I bought black leathers (still unsure what they're from) n welded them onto both single and double bases then used the extra 10" or so on the double base to make a hinged top lid. Still never got round to finishing it how i wanted but still very handy. Will try n get some pics sorted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.