VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

another bike rack thread

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  BlooVelle 
#1 ·
what is available for the t4? is it just the fiamma? do the t5 one's fit the t4? can you's show me your bike racks? been going to buy one for a long time but i needed a new bike, now i have a new bike im looking at bike racks.

#4 ·
Hi Doulsy,

Been using a THULE tow bar mounted rack for a few years, well worth the investment! The Fiamma racks are great and strong too however they do touch your paint, the THULE tow bar ones don't touch the van at all. Food for thought.......:*

Good luck

Jonny:cool:

#9 ·
they look ok m8

Have a fiamma for my t4. Agree that they do touch the paint. Not a big deal if you don't have a show van. Solid bit of kit, but not cheap. T5 shouldn't fit a 4 I believe due to the position of the hinges - assuming you have a tailgate. One other thing to consider is the covers for a bike rack.. If you have a nice bike like me, you won't want to get it covered in crud driving somewhere. Not much choice on this side. I opted for a custom one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65996403@N04/11658962283/in/set-72157639212947036
thanks for the advice, a friend offered to make me one, i think the t5 bike racks look really cool, im sure we could make it fit but i just saw some prices:eek: i have just sent a message to someone selling a t4 bike rack, trying to get them to organise a courier

#6 ·
Have a fiamma for my t4. Agree that they do touch the paint. Not a big deal if you don't have a show van. Solid bit of kit, but not cheap. T5 shouldn't fit a 4 I believe due to the position of the hinges - assuming you have a tailgate. One other thing to consider is the covers for a bike rack.. If you have a nice bike like me, you won't want to get it covered in crud driving somewhere. Not much choice on this side. I opted for a custom one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65996403@N04/11658962283/in/set-72157639212947036

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.