VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

12v cool box

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Microbus 
#1 ·
Hey Guys!

Can anyone on here recomend a 12v cool box? I am going to bus fest and have no fridge in the bus to keep the ol tinnies cool! but there are s0o many avalible on the market knowing me I would end up buying something totally ! all feedback/advise would be very much appreciated T:

Stuarty.

#5 ·
I was advised to get a Yeti from a thread on here a good while ago.

http://www.coolboxesuk.com/yeti-range/

No power needed .. and i can confirm that mine kept my beer cold for the full 5 days at the Download Festival this year and it was a scorcher (for a change).

I wouldn't be without mine now.
Its a bit big but it makes a good seat and it holds loads of cans .. 40 odd litre capacity i think.
Think i paid about £140 .. which is pricey but all being well this should last me for life T:

Loads of good reviews about them if you have a search.

#9 ·
I have a cooler box i had from Aldi around two years ago that runs on 12v or 240v with an eco setting as well, was around £35 iirc, also have a large Yeti cooler box that doesn't need any power, i usually take my cider out of the fridge so its already cold and add any frozen food in there too, two or three packs of ice from tescos frozen isle and everything is sorted for several days, that frees up the leisure battery for sites with no electric hookup T: using it tomorrow to go to VW Action :D

#12 ·
We have an igloo cool box- no power needed. Promises to keep ice frozen for 5 days in 30c temps.. Took it to Glastonbury for 8 days (we work there) where it was over 30c in the van every day and there was still ice in the bottom at the end! Bit pricey but well and truly worth it. Who needs electricity

#13 ·
I would suggest a 240V, (pref built in) and 12V power.

Freezer blocks are OK but the whole box can be cooled via Mains and then kept cold via ciggy lighter. Unplug it when stopped.

Get around to Maplins. I bought one in Belfast a couple of weeks ago for £35 although the site has just marked it as discontinued, although there were about half a dozen in the shop.

The same model with wheels and a telescopic handle is still listed at £40.

48w current draw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.