VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

The Classic pre 96 T4 thread. Post pictures here!

229K views 652 replies 342 participants last post by  Dubnity 
#1 · (Edited)
If 3 piece front panels and early bumpers float your boat keep looking here. Get your pictures on now and join the classic T4 elite!

My early 1994 Velle 1.9TD now GTD. I love it so much i will never sell it!

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: The Classic pre 95 T4 thread. Post pictures here!

96' not included then, i thought the facelift was post 96?
i have a 96 velle which looks very much like the above :p
Has yours got the three piece rear bumper, the square style front bumper and the three piece front panel? Post it up if it has and i will correct the first post to include pre 96.

#6 ·

old pic, will get a new one up if i am correct in thinking it is the same type? :p
Nope its different because the grill panel is one piece not three. Funny but the bumpers do look like pre face lift from what i can see of them. Is the rear three piece? Maybe VW made an in-between version with the late grill panel and older bumpers?

#8 ·

Its funny yours has the new style grill as well, OK rules change to include pre 1996 vans first post changed. Obviously VW made a in-between van.

#31 ·
newer Bumpers get rid of the classic fall off 3 corner one on the back
The three piece design is actually really good especially with todays hit and run culture. I had one of my corners removed by :* in a supermarket carpark who drove off. Corners are really easy to replace and much cheaper than losing a whole bumper plus the van will look better with 2/3 of a bumper than no bumper at all. The worlds gone all backward:confused:

#26 ·
Gotta get the Geko in here, but its probably going to be getting new style front and rear bumpers, when i get the damage fixed :eek: i know sorry I:

with checks

with out checks, oh and play spot the difference, no point for guess no checks i just told you that T:

and i bet no ones got a rear like mine, spot the blue corner piece to prove its a 3 piece bumper :D

#44 ·
Spot the difference:

- Silver bulbs in indicators

Do I win a prize?? :D
Good spot Jak T: forgot about that one myself I:

Oh you guys got me thinking now do i wanna change :( will defo have to have a new rear set up, but wanted to change the front as well as it has scratches on the passenger corner

#30 ·
thought about going the late bumper route, but I'm staying with my early style too T:
have my vr6 splitter that I'm midway thro modding to fit also.....................
just have the small matter of the blown 1.9d to sort 1st I: :(

#37 ·
round newer bumpers look better fact, why would VW change them to make it look worse??
Not necessarily because they look worse but Because they are cheaper and less time consuming to produce and take less time to assemble on the production line. Anyone who has done any work with GRP moulding will know they squarer objects are not as easy to remove from the moulds, same with older bumpers. Round ones come out easier involving less time. New bumpers were undoubtedly created as a cost cutting exercise.

As it has been said before each to their own its just a shame to remove something that was meant to be. Classic and proud all the way for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.