Old 16-01-12, 15:33
Van Jedi

Default Re: Reclassify to MPV for LEZ

It's all set to change again in 2014 apparently, more LEZ's around the country is inevitable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-12, 22:39
Van Jedi

Will let you know how I get it on as sent mine off last week. Got the usual two side windows but added double bongo sliding seats which turns into our bed. It's basiclly an 8 seater now so lets see what they say about this one
Old 06-05-12, 16:05
Van Jedi
I Support CLIC Sargent

Smile Re: Reclassify to MPV for LEZ

I got the dreaded letter like most other people, as my 1.9td was registered as a panel van, I had every intention of changing it to a day van, so I did the usual strip out insulated and plied the interior panels, I then installed 2 captains seats in front and four matching seats in the rear,all of the seats came from a Renault Grand Espace as they can be folded right open to use as an occasional bed as well as this I put a window in each sliding door, after I called DVLA and asked them what I needed to do to get re registered I was told to send in four photos showing the conversion and one must include the number plate, then i sent it altogether with the log book, after about 3 weeks I got a new log book saying my van was now an MPV, I then sent the logbook the photos and a note saying that I now run the van on 100% veg oil, after about 2 weeks I got a letter saying that with the information they had received, my vehicle is now exempt from LEZ duty until 2018 when I suppose there will be some new nonsense issued to van owners.
At this time I feel all the hard work I put in was well worth doing and saved me loads of worry. Regards bighook
Old 06-05-12, 16:26
Van Jedi

Hello Bighook, still waiting for a decision on mine (DVLA) but fingers crossed I get the MPV classification. Just so I can follow suit who did you send it to the second time and is it just a copy of my V5 plus letter and photos
Old 06-05-12, 18:05
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan74 View Post
It's all set to change again in 2014 apparently, more LEZ's around the country is inevitable
I wouldn't mind some Lezzies round here, just don't tell the missus I've got company

On a serious note, I got my V5 back recently changed to motorhome. I've done a complete conversion, but only put widows in the sliding door & opposite, so the rule that it needs to look like a campervan seems to be dependent on whether or not the jobsworth dealing with your application is in a good mood or not. I sent a copy of every receipt and over 80 photos, so maybe he just gave in under the strain.

Last edited by alan.surry; 06-05-12 at 18:09.
Old 23-05-12, 18:13
Van Jedi

OK no reply to my question from Bighook but...............

Got my logbook back today and it's now classed as an MPV
Checked on the TFL website and it still said Non compliant so gave them a quick call on 0207 310 8998 who checked again and stated it was a panel, after explaining I had reclassed it she checked again (I presume with DVLA) confirmed what I had said and then updated their system all within about 5 mins friendly and easy

Date
23 May 2012 to onwards

Status
Not Subject to LEZ
Old 29-05-12, 15:36
Van Jedi

Now classified as MPV.
Here are the pics i sent off. only 4 seatbelts, no questions asked!!

Last edited by dan74; 13-06-12 at 15:42.
Old 15-06-12, 09:49
add The Burrell on Xbox Live
Official MemberVW Transporter

Dan74 did you write some sort of covering letter to dvla?, if so have you got a basic template of what needs to written?
Old 15-06-12, 11:58
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Reclassify to MPV for LEZ

i recently put a row of 3 seats in the back. with seat belts, and i have rear windows including the tail gate. applied to dvla for re classification to mpy with photos. it came back as a window van with 6 seats on the log book. and explaied to me that if i put a cooker and sink in it they would classify it as a camper van, they would not put mpv on log book, hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in