VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Oil light and buzzer when cornering or over bumps

431 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pgsi 
#1 ·
Hello,

My ABL engined T4 has started to give me the dreaded oil light and buzzer at seemingly sporadic times. Of late it happens cornering or driving over the same hump in the road. Checked the levels, replaced both senders and replaced the alternator and wiring all to no avail.

Do I need to check the oil pressure (fubar pump) ? maybe the pumps blocked or the sump baffles missing !any other suggestions ?

#2 ·
............... Checked the levels, replaced both senders and replaced the alternator and wiring all to no avail.

Do I need to check the oil pressure (fubar pump) ? ............
Having done your replacements it would be an idea to check actual oil pressure. As you have two senders you'll need to check at both low and high revs.
Some parts are cheap enough just to buy new bits on a suck-it-and-see basis but eventually real fault diagnosis has to take place.

#3 ·
I know you say youve checked the alternator wiring but have you checked all the wiring to the sensors, would seem strange to me that a hump in the road could cause low/high oil pressure.
Also may be worth try some engine oil system flush as ive had that clear a problem with oil system in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.