Old 18-08-14, 16:30
Van Pro

T4 Post Icon Help buying first awning

I'm taking the van on my first ever trip away and have been looking at awnings for a bit of extra space.

I've found the thread show us your awnings and from that I quite like the look of this one

http://www.campmania.co.uk/Item-7-14...te_Awning.aspx

There's only my girlfriend and I so we're not looking for a mansion awning, just something fairly cheap to keep the surfboards and wetsuits in and a hopefully a little area for a table and chairs to chill out with a few beers.

I really don't have a clue on awnings and only have tent experience from Glastonbury once a year. Any help or advice much appreciated, cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-14, 07:03
Van Master Jedi

Default Re: Help buying first awning

I just brought a Khyam Compact 300 and used it for the first time ever last week. Was great. Plenty of room for surfboards and wetsuits and a table and chairs to chillax in at night. We didnt put the sleeping bit up which made it very comfortable to use as a shelter. Its just me, my girlfriend and our dog btw.... And we still had room for 3 friends to fit in and sit at night too in their chairs. Highly recommended.
Old 19-08-14, 07:21
Van Jedi

+1 Cant go wrong with Khyam, I have the Motordome, good kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-14, 08:25
Van Master Jedi

I picked up a second hand outsell country road awning after having gone down the route of cheaper awnings. As they say in life, you get what you pay for. The outsell is awesome, easy to put up and a quality bit of kit with loads of space. It's a good investment to spend that little bit extra and get a decent bit of kit that will last. I appreciate that 200 is still a lot of money, but the awning will last me many years compared to the 80 awning I bought new which broke in winds on first trip !!
Old 19-08-14, 08:29
Van Master Jedi
I Support CLIC Sargent

i have the Kyham compact 300(pole and sleeve), good little awning for the money...however if i was buying another Kyham i'd go for the easy erect option..
Old 19-08-14, 09:55
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Help buying first awning

I've had two Outwell Country Road awnings so far and they've both leaked in different places (!) so am also looking for other options - can't decide whether to bite the bullet and get a third Country Road replacement as I have all the add-ons or go for a Kyham instead?

The Country Road does offer great height and space and is easy to put up but not sure I want to chance a third leaking awning or whether we've just been unlucky?!

Any ideas/thoughts?!

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in