Old 02-02-15, 09:34
Van Pro

Exclamation Pistonheads scam t5 van - beware

PISTONHEADS SCAM - T5 VAN - BEWARE

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...el-van/3622678

Emailed the seller about this van that was far too cheap to be real and got the response below. This is clearly a scam do not be fooled by it.

SCAMMER –

“Hello,
I still have the van for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £6,600 delivered at my costs.
The deal will go through eBay and PayPal.
Thank you”

ME –

“Sounds too good to be true. I would not buy without viewing so I will have to past this one up. Thanks”

SCAMMER –

“Due to my location and since view or pick up is not an option I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the van ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the van for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the van back on my cost!
You can read more about it following the link below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/con...rn-policy.html

Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the van please confirm your PayPal email for further instructions.

Lucy”

Nice van though, whoevers it is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-15, 09:55
Van Jedi

Default Re: Pistonheads scam t5 van - beware

that's probably all its worth really seeing as its a 10 year old work van that's had a few grand spent on it to tart it up (for sale).
I paid 7k for my 07 9 seater shuttle with low miles etc etc, spent another £1200 on it and got an agreed insurance value of 11k, so is mine worth 11k, NO, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...
check it out some more if you like it, all your paying for is the time and effort someone has spent on it, I mean its still only a 04 panel van with some extras thrown on it, I bet the log book says "panel van with side windows and seven seats" and is still a commercial for insurance/tax class, mine has 9 seats and is registered as a diesel estate car, see the difference
good luck..
Old 02-02-15, 10:04
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon Re: Pistonheads scam t5 van - beware

This is definitely a scam, never part with your money without seeing the vehicle in the flesh and test driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-15, 13:37
Van Pro

I emailed Pistonheads and they have removed the Ad.
Old 02-02-15, 22:31
Van Guru

We had EXACTLY the same email when we inquired about a VW caddy for work about two years ago !!!!
Old 02-02-15, 23:01
Vans aren't what count here...
I Support Macmillan

As it is a common scam that people fall for.

They make loads of money out of it as people are so believing.
Old 03-02-15, 05:51
Van Master Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter

Lucy is the new Evelyn, the Evelyn group has been running for years. 'She' has certainly upped her game with new designated websites, land line numbers and people actually manning these lines.
This seems to be a massive business, maybe it's about time that the government ran a series of advertisements on prime time TV warning people about these lovely people!
I know we can all preach on about how scams are so obvious, I'm sure there are still thousands of people who will only buy a car every 5 years or so and are therefore unaware / not overly bright / just plain greedy who will get robbed.
Nobody should loose their money, education is the way forward

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in