Old 16-05-12, 08:21
Van Guru

T4 Post Icon FASP swivel plates install help

Please can someone who's fitted these successfully provide installs instructions ? Mine have arrived with no instructions.

I'd also appreciate any info on what fixings are required please.

Bit frustrating after shelling out 200!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-05-12, 09:11
Van Rookie

Default Re: FASP swivel plates install help

Does this help?

Not for a t4 mind...

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store...ttingvideo.php
Old 16-05-12, 12:03
Van Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncb View Post
Does this help?

Not for a t4 mind...

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store...ttingvideo.php
Thanks for link. I have watched this already and hope t4 installs aren't as painful as that. Don't fancy drilling holes and sawing bits off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-05-12, 13:56
Van Pro

I installed a passenger seat swivel last night - took me over two hours to figure it out - I was armed with an instruction sheet which was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike - and I had trawled every internet post that featured the words FASP and 'difficult to fit without being a clairvoyant'
I found that having removed the seat complete with seat runners attached it was best to fit the swivel plate with the orange handle on the handbrake side and facing upwards. The two countersunk holes in the bottom part of the plate were at the back with the two remaining holes (slot like) at the front.
You need four flat headed allen type screws to fasten the swivel plate to the base - you need to swivel the top part of the plate through 45 degrees to gain good access to these holes - my plate came with these screws.
The holes just about line up and you need to tighten each screw a bit at a time otherwise the plate is pulled to one side and the holes do not line up.
The seat and runners then fit over the top of the swivwel plate - again the holes are only just right and four high tensile bolts are used to fasten the runners to the plate. These bolts can't be too long -ABOUT 20MM - or the seat will not swivel. Again tighten each bolt a bit at a time.
The seat will then swivel but it might be a bit stiff to move backwards and forwards as the runners are pulled slightly out of lone by the tightening process.
I was a bit annoyed at how rubbish the fitting instructions were, just one very poorly photocopied A4 sheet but my swivel plate did include a set of fasteners thrown in. Hooray!
Hope this is some use to you - others have fitted the plates in a different way but this worked (just) for me.

pmc
Old 16-05-12, 18:09
Van Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc View Post
I installed a passenger seat swivel last night - took me over two hours to figure it out - I was armed with an instruction sheet which was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike - and I had trawled every internet post that featured the words FASP and 'difficult to fit without being a clairvoyant'
I found that having removed the seat complete with seat runners attached it was best to fit the swivel plate with the orange handle on the handbrake side and facing upwards. The two countersunk holes in the bottom part of the plate were at the back with the two remaining holes (slot like) at the front.
You need four flat headed allen type screws to fasten the swivel plate to the base - you need to swivel the top part of the plate through 45 degrees to gain good access to these holes - my plate came with these screws.
The holes just about line up and you need to tighten each screw a bit at a time otherwise the plate is pulled to one side and the holes do not line up.
The seat and runners then fit over the top of the swivwel plate - again the holes are only just right and four high tensile bolts are used to fasten the runners to the plate. These bolts can't be too long -ABOUT 20MM - or the seat will not swivel. Again tighten each bolt a bit at a time.
The seat will then swivel but it might be a bit stiff to move backwards and forwards as the runners are pulled slightly out of lone by the tightening process.
I was a bit annoyed at how rubbish the fitting instructions were, just one very poorly photocopied A4 sheet but my swivel plate did include a set of fasteners thrown in. Hooray!
Hope this is some use to you - others have fitted the plates in a different way but this worked (just) for me.

pmc
Great info cheers mate.

Did you also use the bolts that were holding seat on base originally?
Old 17-05-12, 07:59
Van Jedi

Just to add to the advice, Fitting not to difficult. It's almost intuative but the instructions as has been said are rubish. I ordered a passenger side swivel for the drivers side in error but found it fits without any issues. The red handle is on the door side which actualy makes it easier to use.
Old 17-05-12, 08:07
Serial Poster
I Support CLIC Sargent

mine wasnt to hard to fit and i have honda seats in mine,, orange handle on the door side the way i did mine... sorry cant be any more help but mines been in over three years so forgot exactly how i did it,,, on thing i do remember is the standard allen key seat runner bolts off the t4 seats came in very handy because the have very shallow heads compaired to the ones i bought...
Old 26-05-12, 14:30
Van Guru

Well swivels all fitted and I'm loving them. Didn't take long to fit and luckily no misalignment issues.

They make such a difference in the van.
Old 25-02-17, 23:19
Van Rookie

T4 Post Icon Re: FASP swivel plates install help

Hello,
have Anyone mounted pre 1996 FASP swivel on pre 1996 seat base? I have just bought the plate on Ebay,unfortunately without any manual but it looks that the threaded studs welded to the original seat base should be cut as they bock rotation

Tags
fasp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in