Old 03-06-14, 18:40
Van Rookie

Question Advice if possible please

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a T4 but i dont know what to call what i am after and so am finding myself spending hours and hours searching the web trying to find one.

I am after a camper with 3 seats in the front. I dont know if this is a particular model that i need to look for?

Also want to get something ready to go as a camper which I think is just to look for a rock/roll bed and a 240v hookup and leisure battery. Is this all that I need?

Its for me, my husband and our 14 month old to go away for weekends so nothing spectacular needed but something comfortable so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Abi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-14, 19:39
Van Jedi

T4 Post Icon Re: Advice if possible please

Hi,

Firstly I am no expert

But I am now on my second van (15th vehicle, wives not to happy) with your new born baby you need to make sure that you have adequate seating in the rear, so if it was me I would either look at a multi van/caravelle or a camper which has been fitted with a pull/crash tested bed (making sure you see certs) an example of these would be SMART BED or RIB there are a lot of makes out there.

Also need to look at what are you used to? if you get a standard panel van it will be noisy and will need sound proofing insulating etc.. yes there are ones out there with air con ... but the caravelles are mostly specked better come with more car like interior panels. but again this is just personal preference, I personally found my first van (888 special) really loud on the motorway but my new van (caravelle 2.5tdi auto) is much quieter on long journeys due to factory sound proofing gear ratios etc...

Ref interior your options really are endless, there are hundreds of excellent ideas to be found on here, its your time to make the van your own. for me I use my van for windsurfing so I have a bed, leisure battery, lights, curtains and a little gas stove. for me this is fine as in my last van I spent a fortune on cupboards,leather seats etc... that I really didn't need and I have learnt from my mistakes.

I hope this helps you out a little.
Old 04-06-14, 19:48
Serial Poster
Regional Coordinator

Default Re: Advice if possible please

ok so i know its not a t4 but might be worth a look at this price to see if that way of things suits you, a camper for less than a grand http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ldv-pilot-...item540a5d16e1

vw t4 autodata service repair manual 2.5
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...814610E8%21688

brooklands service repair manual 1990-1995 all models
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...814610E8%21787
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-14, 09:56
Van Rookie

Thank you both for your advice. I shall look at the option suggested - I like the idea of the caravelle so may go down that route.

Many thanks!
Old 05-06-14, 11:11
Van Guru
Official MemberVW Transporter

For the 3 seats in the front, some T4s came with a single passenger seat and some came with a double passenger seat.

They are interchangeable and often come up for sale on ebay or on here, so I'd make sure everything else was what you wanted with the van first and not worry too much about 2 or seats in the front. It's very easy to change that.
Old 07-06-14, 20:11
Van Expert

3 seats up front is brilliant for the little ones, my almost 2y/o loves to sit up front and spot cars, motorbikes, lorries, cows, sheep, etc, etc.
This also leaves you with the back of the van to do as you please, ikea sofa bed, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in