Default Re: VW T4 Book - Pre order now!

Nice one man. We've pledged! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-15, 21:06
Van Master Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter

T4 Post Icon Re: VW T4 Book - Pre order now!

I've been following you on Instagram too. I really love that interior. I wish mine could be as cosy as that one day.
Old 03-11-15, 17:45
Van Expert

Cheers dudes!

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-15, 15:01
Van Jedi

Hi there, how do you guys hold down jobs whilst doing that much travelling, wish my boss would give me that much time off!, great site, are any of the donations going to charity, can i start my own fund to get my bus painted?
Old 04-11-15, 15:47
Lord of the T4s

Backed. Purely because I'm a sucker for tea towels and patches.

Book looks alright as well!
Old 04-11-15, 16:08
Van Pro

So envious of you guys! Good luck with your travels, and the book

We've pledged
Old 04-11-15, 17:25
Van Jedi

Really sorry but with all due respect, is this a young couple who have somehow managed to escape the pressures of real life in pursuit of an experience that the vast majority of us could only ever dream about or afford, are plugging their book AND getting their van repairs paid for?.
Please correct me if i am wrong, did any part of the trip involve charity or local community work?,considering the price of diesel, how was it funded in the first place?. Just seems like a winning formula to me, trip of a lifetime, no work, write a little book that on the face of it looks nice but wont change the world, and get your van fixed, maybe im just jealous because im working shifts over christmas and my van is stuck on the drive?
Old 04-11-15, 18:56
Van Expert

Hi everyone,

I thought I would answer a couple of your questions about the context of the project.

So myself and Lauren are are two 25 year olds from Buckinghamshire in the UK. We are both from humble backgrounds, my dads a builder and Lauren's was a fireman.

I bought my first van (a Nissan vanette) for 700 back in 2009 after growing up going away in our family campervans. I always knew I would try my hardest to buy a van and spend as much time as possible in it. This meant working night shifts in a warehouse, being a postman for a time and a waiting in a local restaurant. AFter leaving school Lauren worked in an office in Milton keynes which she truly hated.

In 2010 I sold my first van for 1400 after making a simple conversion and adding a fair few miles from trips to Europe and around the UK. All funded out of our own pocket (absolutely no fund of 'mummy and daddy' here) This allowed me to buy the T4 for 1200 (what a bargain) it was pretty beat up and had 120k miles on the clock. We set about converting it slowly. In the mean time I started studying for a degree in Graphic Design at the University of Northampton. After spending all of our spare time travelling Europe, I graduated and started working in a local studio. I gained a fair bit of experience and decided to start Stokedeversince ltd. A dream come true really, after working freelance as a photographer and filmmaker for a good few years, we finally had the chance to work together and this has given us the freedom to travel.

We really do not want this to seem like a ploy to get our van repaired. Over the years with have poured money into the van to keep it rolling, meaning being broke for pretty much the last 5 years. Most of the work has been done ourselves by learning, including rebuilding the engine 2 years ago. The money is going towards the printing of our book, which has taken 3 months to put together, and 5 years of real experiences to create. We never planned to make the book, but it just seemed like the perfect way to share our experiences (not all dreamy- we have had our fair share of break downs) and inspire others. What money is left over from the book will hopefully go towards keeping us rolling. I cant be more honest than that.

I truly appreciate you asking questions of the project, it 100% the right thing to do, I do think there are a lot of people selling a dream that isnt obtainable, especially online. We are so so careful not to come across this way, we are real, the van is real, the places we have been are real and the effort we have put in to keep doing this has been real.

We bought a van for cheap, worked sh*ty jobs to get here and somehow ended up doing it full time. It isn't rocket science. Its cliche but you have to have dreams, take risks and ultimately give it your best f*cking shot or you will never know!

You can check out our site and all of the films we have made over the years here-

www.Stokedeversince.com
https://vimeo.com/creasey

Thanks for reading,

Calum

Me on our families VW lt circa 1995

Last edited by creasey; 04-11-15 at 19:00.
Old 04-11-15, 19:02
Van Expert

Also chaps, heres our original thread from back in 2010-

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthrea...t=rolling+home

Cheers!

C
Old 04-11-15, 19:24
Van Jedi

Living the dream, selling your book to fix your van which will enable you continue living the dream, maybe adding enough material for volume 2 !, its self sustaining, got to hand it to you its a very clever business plan/lifestyle career,, give it a few years and you could buy a rundown house and sell diy books!.

Seriously, if it goes to plan, well done, and yes i am jealous. Hope everyone is happy with their books

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in