VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Stereo upgrade: Pioneer 3500 or VW RCD 510?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Essgee 
#1 ·
Looking for views on the best option to upgrade the bog standard stereo on my T5.1. I'm looking at either the Pioneer AVH X3500 DAB or fitting a VW RCD 510 DAB, which seem to go on ebay for around the same sort of price. My main requirements are for DAB radio, and perhaps ability to link up a reversing camera. Also want decent quality output as I want to upgrade the standard speakers too. ipod connection would be nice too.

Which would be best do you think? Like the look of the 510, but the Pioneer does seem to have more features - although maybe a bit fiddly to use?

Thanks!

#2 ·
hi I recently had the pioneer fitted...its superb in my opinion,the dab is amazing...crystal clear recetption everywhere ive travelled so far.....not fiddly at all......I also had the standard speakers replaced with pioneer ones and had custom wooden collars and acoustic material put in the doors ....all this was done by absolute audio.......they are on here if you look.....send them a question and they will give good advise....very worthwhile upgrade.....makes a huge difference.....good luck with your decision..T:

#3 ·
The Pioneer is a excellent unit, DAB, Bluetooth handsfree, Bluetooth music streaming, iPod control, DVD and app mode, very easy to use and better sound quality than a VW unit...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.