VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

VW Double Din Stereo ??? Passat Toureg etc ???

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Firefighter Jon 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Bit of a strange question, i am looking at getting a double din dvd/tv/stereo etc, but want one thats fits like the original VW double din stereo, can anybody tell me if the original is the same as any other VW car with a double din stereo, ie toureg, touran, passat etc.. etc..

I can get for sub £200 a unit from China, and they do various modesl which replace the VW units as per the original fit, however the site I am looking at does not mention Transporter T5 as compatible,

Thanks

Paul

#2 ·
mate i just finished installing mine today.... i am soooooo impressed with it and its so easy to use!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360332261697&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

the one that is listed is for a golf or a polo, after sending them an email they said it wouldnt fit/work in a T5. well I say they're wrong as mine works fine all I needed was a simple change in the wiring! and it looks damn good! and the lights are the same as the vw red dash lights.

DVD, bluetooth, GPS, rear camera and much much more and it works perfectly :ILU:

check my link for pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=329314&id=535475504&l=e2329ce9e6

#6 ·
Guys the build quality is like any other headunit. The buttons feel good and have a positive click. Touch screen works well, I have left the packing film on it still to protct it and it still works well.

Satnav is a non upgradable one so im led to believe as its on a compact flash card, however the satnav part is run via a built in windows based system so I cant see why u cant upgrade it?! it obviously a special type of file it recognises tho!

you can choose a 3d or 2d map and is pretty simple to use, it got me from work to home last night, on its first test run lol. i'm actually still alittle in shock at the quality of it for the money! i was expecting half of it not to work! as far as good as a tomtom, well its 85% as good as.

I even put my rearviem cam in today, I'll add sum more pics in a few mins of one of my employees, he's not really special needs even tho he looks it!

#9 ·
Sorry to disapoint you but ive had eonon double din
lasted about a month bluetooth stoped working, then radio then usb ,
they look amazing when first fitted but its been said on here before , they dont last ,
get a proper make and you wont buy twice .T:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.