Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18-11-15, 13:52
superdon superdon is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kidderminster
Posts: 1,466
T4 Post Icon Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

So the vans had its pop top fitted. The standard interior light in the cab has been refitted after the headlining was retrimmed. But, because of the extra depth from the lining the interior light isn't clipping into place and keeps dropping down. Any tips on how I can fix this?

Also, I am after one of the lights with the map light and delay and dim feature. Anyone know where I can get one? I see lots for sale on ebay but the seller usually can't be bother to confirm if the ones they are selling have the delay/dim feature.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2  
Old 18-11-15, 21:10
bracken's Avatar
bracken bracken is offline
Van Master Jedi
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: wales
Posts: 563
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

put a small screw in the one end drill very small hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 18-11-15, 21:30
superdon superdon is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kidderminster
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracken View Post
put a small screw in the one end drill very small hole.
Simple. Thanks.

Just got to find someone who has a map light now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 19-11-15, 12:41
LawAnderson's Avatar
LawAnderson LawAnderson is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,967
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Search using the p/n 357 947 111. Add a 'C' if you want a black one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 19-11-15, 16:09
superdon superdon is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kidderminster
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawAnderson View Post
Search using the p/n 357 947 111. Add a 'C' if you want a black one.
Thanks. Will that have the delay and dim though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 19-11-15, 18:46
Huskyman's Avatar
Huskyman Huskyman is offline
Serial Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: essex
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Hi. I think I have got one. Somewhere. Will check on Friday. And let you know. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 20-11-15, 08:17
LawAnderson's Avatar
LawAnderson LawAnderson is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Posts: 1,967
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdon View Post
Thanks. Will that have the delay and dim though?
I've had one of each and they both had the delay feature. I assume you had the standard light before hand? If you want it to dim with the key at 1st, you'll have to connect the fourth pin to an ignition live.

This is the latest one I have: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271797275446

Last edited by LawAnderson; 20-11-15 at 08:23.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 19-11-15, 19:39
Hoovie's Avatar
Hoovie Hoovie is offline
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
Official MemberVW Transporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 7,892
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdon View Post
So the vans had its pop top fitted. The standard interior light in the cab has been refitted after the headlining was retrimmed. But, because of the extra depth from the lining the interior light isn't clipping into place and keeps dropping down. Any tips on how I can fix this?

Also, I am after one of the lights with the map light and delay and dim feature. Anyone know where I can get one? I see lots for sale on ebay but the seller usually can't be bother to confirm if the ones they are selling have the delay/dim feature.

Cheers
This happened to me after carpetting over the headlining, and all I did was to trim the shaped plastic "clip" part on one side so there was a more pronounced edge to it. Once I did that it clips in perfectly and still looks the same and pushes in and out as it should
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 19-11-15, 20:17
superdon superdon is offline
Lord of the T4s
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kidderminster
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Interior light keeps dropping down and....map light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
This happened to me after carpetting over the headlining, and all I did was to trim the shaped plastic "clip" part on one side so there was a more pronounced edge to it. Once I did that it clips in perfectly and still looks the same and pushes in and out as it should
An even better simple solution. I think I know what you mean, will have a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50.