Old 09-10-16, 13:57
Van Pro

T4 Post Icon returning member on the hunt for first T4

Hi All,
Ive been on here for a few years since I bought my let down of a T5. I got a lot of info from you guys and helped a few in return.
I am now on the hunt for a T4 to convert into a camper van. I proffer the look of the SWB but im wondering if the LWB would be a better suitor for my family needs mainly fitting the dog in.

The plan is to have a 3/4 R&R bed with cabinets down the side, pop top roof for one or both kids to sleep and a front cabin hammock / bed. This means the kids and the adults are catered for but the dog is still left out. Hopefully we can squeeze him in the gap between the end of the bed and front seats. Now Zeus is small for his breed (Dogue de Bordeaux) but still measures in at 8.5 stone so obviously he wont fit in many small places.

Now this is where I require you guys to help. Can you post a pic of your SWB or LWB T4 looking from the side door, with your R&R bed down (addition of gap measurement from front seats to bed would be appreciated) please. hopefully this will aid in my decision whether to get a SWB or not.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-16, 18:26
Serial Poster

Default Re: returning member on the hunt for first T4

Hi mate defo go for the long w/b my mate has got swb and mine is lwb with the beds down i have got way more room than him and my dogs 2 huskys go there
good luck
Old 09-10-16, 19:44
Van Pro

Default Re: returning member on the hunt for first T4

Practically thinking for camping LWB would be best but the van is going to be a daily driver and most of the roads around me are small country roads. Also there's the extra cost of everything when converting like cabinets, carpets etc.
I am fighting to convince myself that a SWB will be fine as that's kind of what I want deep down but for the rare times when I don't want to put an awning up I want to het able to contain everyone.
Would you be willing to to send me a pick of the bed down in your LWB please?

Tags
lwb, newbie, rocka nd roll bed, swb, t4 wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in