Old 05-12-17, 21:06
Van Rookie
Official MemberVW Transporter

Default Hydraulic suspension T4 1.9TD 2000 157k

Hi and welcome to my advert for my van.

First ill just go through the main specifics then go into some detail.

Engine: 1.9 TD, decat, EGR blank

Gearbox: 5 speed standard box with a new 5th gear to drop rpm

Body: Panel Van (No windows) rear barn doors have windows

Mileage: 157,000 (brand new engine at 30,000 from Volkswagen on warranty)

- Mileage will creep up as I use this van daily to work and back doing 40 miles a day.

Color: nardo grey, which had been sprayed before I bought the van. Original color is a duck blue.

Fuel: regular diesel (I have always used premium) sometimes applying Redex.

MO September 2018

Interior details:

This van I have owned now for 4 year and has been a labor of love. Originally I bought this van just to get my motorbike to the track but I seem to of got carried away kitting it out. Iíve fully insulated the inside roof and floor and then layered ply down which I covered in black carpet. I made a wooden unit, which houses all the switch board which also has the leisure battery and split charge system installed to give you electricity off grid. The leisure battery powers all the interior lights, which can be turned off and on in the cabin and by the rock and roll bed. The switchboard has a USB charger and also 12 volt socket which I plug the cool box into, the cool box will come with the sale, which is kept in one of the cupboards. There is also mood lighting, which can also be switched on from the switch panel. The rock and roll bed sleeps two people and the front passenger seat can be spun round on a swivel which also has a locked compartment below to keep passports and laptops in. the front seats are Audi full leather electric and heated seats, all the buttons work to move them into a position your happy with. The heated sockets arenít connected but im sure it wouldnít be too hard to hook them up to a bottom, ive never really felt the need to use them as the heater works a treat! I keep a projector in the back which projects onto a pull down screen that is located just behind the cabin seats. On the counter there are some 240 volt sockets which pull out up from the counter which is really cool. There are also two overhead shelves that are made from pallets that are really useful for keeping stuff in. there is also storage space below the bed and above the units. The flooring is wood looking lyno that is layered onto of the base ply. Loads of unique trimmings in the rear that really need to be seen, it has a lot of character in the back, a real home feeling with candle holders and incents.

Suspension:

Now onto the elephant in the room, Iíve always been into having low cars but my van I didnít want to make it unusable so I went with hydraulics, I bought the kit from Rayverns Hydrualics and fitted it myself with a lot of help from friends in certain areas. A professional coded welder has done all the welding to a very high standard, im a machinist so I was able to make a lot of custom parts that helps the hydraulic system fit and work to the best ability, loads of pictures can be provided on the install to show the quality, test drives are welcome as long as you are a serious about the purchase (insured on the van) or I can take you out in it no problem. The van rides firm but fair and can be adjusted with the height, the lower down you go the spongier it becomes, when you pop it up it becomes firmer, there is a sweet spot that you will have to get used to finding, it find its normally two flicks of the switches, add onís are available from ray at rayverns hydraulics, you can buy a pre set which allows you to go to the same height each time, also a remote fob is also available allowing you to operate the hydraulics away from the van.

Engine:

The engine is a 1.9TD with 127,000 miles on it as it had a brand new engine from Volkswagen after only 30000 on the road this has no documentation as the pervious owner had lost the paper work. The previous owner had done a cam belt and water pump just before I bought it but also had no paper work to prove the work. The engine has been amazing whit the new 5th gear the van can sit at 70/75 and feel really comfortable.

Bad Bits:

I really want an honest sale so ill go through the parts that I would like to know about if I was going to look at a vehicle. The body overall is solid but the usual surface rust has appeared on the front arches, it is minimal but its present. The windscreen has a crack in it where the rear view mirror is meant to be. Im gunna get this sorted with a new windscreen very soon so hopefully have a new windscreen for the new owner. Not a bad thing but the van is currently on its winter wheels that are just the basic steels. The gold banded vitos will come with the sale, one wheel does need a new tyre though.

Recent New bits:

- rear brake pads and discs
- all new CV boots.
- track rod ends.
- new 5th gear in gearbox with new gearbox oil
- brand new service for winter with new oil and filters.
- LED headlight bulbs.

So I hope Iíve covered everything, if you have any questions donít hesitate to contact me on 07717792716. The Van is located in Preston, viewings are welcome and recommended.

Price:

£10000 ONO sensible offers!

£9500 without the vito bands.

(wheels are not for sale separately)

IMG_3195 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3050 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_2600 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_4094 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3831 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3705 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3686 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3376 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3278 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3235 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

IMG_3234 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

steel wheels its on at the moment for winter:

IMG_4154 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr

Worst bit on the van:

IMG_4153 by Max Longhurst, on Flickr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
First Name
Surname
Postcode
Postbit Orientation
Change the display of the avatars and members types.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Body & Engine Type
Tell us about your van.

Log-in